Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've struggled with insomnia since i was 9 and i was diagnosed with depression two years ago. I've recently started a new antidepressant and the quality of my sleep has improved so much! I never knew that having constant mild head lain and brain fog wasn't normal and i thought feeling constantly exhasuted was normal too.

I worked really hard during my AS year despite my issues so I was really disappointed to get a B in the full maths a level, a b in as physics and a c in PE. My depression has gotten a lot worse than this time last year and i genuinely feel like im not capable of getting the grades of AAB that i need to get into my firm Uni choice and i don't know what to do. I really cant afford to stay at home for another year for the sake of my mental health

How can I get through this period of my life?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've struggled with insomnia since i was 9 and i was diagnosed with depression two years ago. I've recently started a new antidepressant and the quality of my sleep has improved so much! I never knew that having constant mild head lain and brain fog wasn't normal and i thought feeling constantly exhasuted was normal too.

I worked really hard during my AS year despite my issues so I was really disappointed to get a B in the full maths a level, a b in as physics and a c in PE. My depression has gotten a lot worse than this time last year and i genuinely feel like im not capable of getting the grades of AAB that i need to get into my firm Uni choice and i don't know what to do. I really cant afford to stay at home for another year for the sake of my mental health

Talk to your college and doctor about it. Both can offer various forms of help and advice.

Nomatter what happens you can move past it. I've had so many things go wrong in education due to my health and each time there has been a way through it and to move on from it. Try not to worry about the future at the moment it will just make you more stressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I'm doing my A2s too at the moment and also finding it stressful. It may be possible you get AAB, and if not then there is still clearing, where you are likely to get a place somewhere else. Your results from last year are still really good It is really impressive to get a B in your maths A level in 1 year when many people would find it very difficult to do that even in 2 years. I'd suggest talking to someone at your college/school about it. Teachers are great people to talk to if your worried about grades, or if there are any counsellors you can talk to then that would be really useful too. Your parents may also be able to help if you feel ok talking to them about it. I really hope things go well with your exams.

ReputationRep:
    I am guessing your school is aware of the issues that you have, but is also important that your UG admissions are aware too especially if it is affecting any particular subject or exams.

I rang on behalf of my daughter who is currently having week long migraines which obviously isn't ideal

I was told that it is better that your tutor or head of year contact the admissions rather than you or a parent so they can be slightly more objective and specific to the impact it is having within exams season

As I said to my daughter though whatever happens within her exams it is highly likely she will be able to go to a university that she likes (maybe a slightly different course or worse case a foundation) but that is not the end of the world when you consider that at 18 you still have a long and full career ahead of you

Good luck

(Original post by Kindred)
    Talk to your college and doctor about it. Both can offer various forms of help and advice.

Nomatter what happens you can move past it. I've had so many things go wrong in education due to my health and each time there has been a way through it and to move on from it. Try not to worry about the future at the moment it will just make you more stressed.
    I feel like my GP has given me all the help they can, I'm on medication and recieving CBT and whilst I am doing better it just doesn't feel like enough. I told my form tutor who told all my subject teachers but I dont feel like it's helped at all it's just difficult for me to remain hopeful.

(Original post by sophie44612)
    I'm doing my A2s too at the moment and also finding it stressful. It may be possible you get AAB, and if not then there is still clearing, where you are likely to get a place somewhere else. Your results from last year are still really good It is really impressive to get a B in your maths A level in 1 year when many people would find it very difficult to do that even in 2 years. I'd suggest talking to someone at your college/school about it. Teachers are great people to talk to if your worried about grades, or if there are any counsellors you can talk to then that would be really useful too. Your parents may also be able to help if you feel ok talking to them about it. I really hope things go well with your exams.
    Thanks I felt absolutely awful on results day last year because I felt exhausted from working so hard and I didn't feel like my grades reflected my effort, it was disheartening to see my nonchalant friends do far better. I'm okay now because I know I did well considering my situation and it's not too bad a place to work from this year. I dont know if I could talk to my teachers without breaking down into tears if I'm honest

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.