Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Othello help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have to make 3 posters about Emilia, Desdemona, and Bianca and about their character, how they are represented. Anyone have any helpful points about any of the characters it would help me a lotx

ReputationRep:
    anyone??

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    just a thought off the top of my head, you could talk about their stance as women and how they each differ, Desdemona is strong willed and a character who defines the expectation of her stance at the time (context- how she defies her father to marry someone below her). Emilia is submissive to Iago throughout up until the bitter end where she, like desdemona, defies what is expected of her; resulting in Iago's imprisonment. For Bianca, she represents a 'needy woman' she lusts after Cassio but he laughs at the thought of their feelings being mutual. I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
    I have to make 3 posters about Emilia, Desdemona, and Bianca and about their character, how they are represented. Anyone have any helpful points about any of the characters it would help me a lotx
    How do you revise for othello?
    Are u also doing persuasion and gatsby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty I dont and thats why ive been doing hella bad in all my essays, ive been on get revising to get good resources but its difficult for everything to go in, yeah Im on gatsby and then Death of a Salesman and Keats poems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    How do you revise for othello?
    Are u also doing persuasion and gatsby?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I make posters/mind maps about themes, characters,the plot, etc. I also do practice essay questions to help me write better essays.
    And no I'm not doing those two sorry I'm not doing the AS exam only the A2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydgilbride)
    In all honesty I dont and thats why ive been doing hella bad in all my essays, ive been on get revising to get good resources but its difficult for everything to go in, yeah Im on gatsby and then Death of a Salesman and Keats poems
    You're doing the same as me.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
    Moved your question to the English forum

Check out our Othello study help resources http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/re...%5B%5D=Othello
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Its just 3 character assessments. What do each of them stand for and then put it on a poster. Desdemona you have tons of material, Emilia enough and Bianca less, vut you cna use her character as a contrast with Desdemona.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.