Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So basically there's a film that me and this girl want to see and we've been talking about it and somewhat saying we have no one to go with. I feel like I should ask her to go with me, however if she said yes I wouldn't know what to do? Like do you ask to pick her up, does she meet you there, do you do something after the film or before.... I don't really want it to be a 'date' I just want to go watch the film and go home. Another thing that is holding me back from asking is the fact that she seems nice and seems like she would be willing but she could just be putting it on and not really like me when we're not together.

umm help?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically there's a film that me and this girl want to see and we've been talking about it and somewhat saying we have no one to go with. I feel like I should ask her to go with me, however if she said yes I wouldn't know what to do? Like do you ask to pick her up, does she meet you there, do you do something after the film or before.... I don't really want it to be a 'date' I just want to go watch the film and go home. Another thing that is holding me back from asking is the fact that she seems nice and seems like she would be willing but she could just be putting it on and not really like me when we're not together.

umm help?
    If you don't want to do anything other than watching the film then that's fine, but make sure she's clear about that too, you don't want her to be disappointed if you don't want to get food or whatever. In my opinion, it's fine to meet her there. Even if she doesn't have romantic feelings towards you, going to the cinema as friends is fine, so I don't see how she could find it weird. The worst that can happen is that she says she's busy, so there's not much to worry about. You never know, if you enjoy her company you might feel that you want to take her out again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.