Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is an odd one for me,
    I'm currently 15 (turning 16 soon) and a virgin.
    I've recently started speaking to an older boy (he's turning 18 in a few months), we haven't met face-to-face but are planning to do so in a week or so. During our conversations he sometimes asks to play "Truths" or "Questions" to which I say yes because i want to get to know him.
    Now and then he asks questions like "what would you do if i walked into your room naked" or "would you have sex with me", to which I've always replied "I need to get to know you first".
    He's admitted he likes me and finds me attractive, he has also asked me on a date, which is great because i think i'm getting feelings for him. One problem is that, he's so confident about sex and he's not a virgin himself.
    I'm worried because he's also said he's not looking for a relationship and wants sex. I'd like to believe I wouldn't have casual sex, but i am developing feelings for him.
    Does anyone have any advice for me please? I don't know what to do?! Thankshttp://static.tsrfiles.co.uk/images/...s/dontknow.gif
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Cora_J)
    This is an odd one for me,
    I'm currently 15 (turning 16 soon) and a virgin.
    I've recently started speaking to an older boy (he's turning 18 in a few months), we haven't met face-to-face but are planning to do so in a week or so. During our conversations he sometimes asks to play "Truths" or "Questions" to which I say yes because i want to get to know him.
    Now and then he asks questions like "what would you do if i walked into your room naked" or "would you have sex with me", to which I've always replied "I need to get to know you first".
    He's admitted he likes me and finds me attractive, he has also asked me on a date, which is great because i think i'm getting feelings for him. One problem is that, he's so confident about sex and he's not a virgin himself.
    I'm worried because he's also said he's not looking for a relationship and wants sex. I'd like to believe I wouldn't have casual sex, but i am developing feelings for him.
    Does anyone have any advice for me please? I don't know what to do?! Thanks
    I would be cautious with him. He sounds like he wants things from this that you are not ready for yet. If you don't feel comfortable about something then stick to your guns. If he makes you feel uncomfortable tell him. It may be that he doesn't realise but if he starts expecting things of you or trying to make you think you owe him anything just leave him. People like that are not people you want to get caught up with and they will manipulate you if you don't cut them off.
    Do you know him through other friends or is he a stranger other than online? I would suggest that if and when you meet him you do so in a public setting or even better with other people (your friends). Basically just incase you get uncomfortable and want to leave and so you can see what others think about him and how he acts.

It is quite easy to appear differently online and you may find that in real life he is not somebody you want to be spendng your time with. Always be cautious online and remember things may not always be as they seem. I wish somebody had given me that advice once before I got caught up with people online.

I don't want to completely deamonise him. He could be a nice guy and just awkward and not realising he is making you uncomfortable, but just be cautious. You are in control of your own life and you should be comfortable with what happens. If you are not then don't stand for it. At the end of the day you should be happy with what happens and if you are not, even if he's not a bad guy, it is not a relationship you should persue cos it will jsut end with you unhappy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would say this is something for the relationships section, rather than sexual health, but...

... he's making it very, very clear that he's only interested in having casual sex with you rather than a relationship. He will doubtless know that lying to you - pretending to want a relationship - would increase his chances of getting to be sexual with you, so it's very likely that he means what he says.

You've never met, and yet you are developing feelings for him. (Is he the first person who's been interested in you?)

It's your life, but if you end up being sexual with him in the hope it will lead to a relationship, it is very likely to end up with you feeling very hurt when he moves on to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Didnt you post this exact same thread somewhere else?

In that same thread I suggested to back away and do not contact him.
    If you do you are subconsciously asking to get violated.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like he's trying to pressure you, don't do anything you don't want to do for a guy that doesn't want what you want. You'll regret it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.