Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The STEP Thread - Nos morituri te salutamus watch

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to everyone with step tomorrow and friday, i hope we can all manage at least a smile by the end of it

ReputationRep:
    yep, good luck to everyone steph

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even sitting the thing - but I hope you all do well. An additional test you have to prepare for (after your tough A2 stuff), not fair at all!

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    All will be fine. I know it. *calm surity*

Gl guys. The amount of work that goes into passing this, nobody should fail!

ReputationRep:
    I hope it goes well for you tomorrow. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beauford)
    Best of luck to everyone with step tomorrow and friday, i hope we can all manage at least a smile by the end of it
    I hope your thread title isn't realised too literally. Am doing just STEP II myself (I don't need it for an offer, it's just for fun supposedly :confused: :confused: :confused: ) and I'm dreading that. If you're even sitting STEP III, you've immediately gained my respect (and pity). So good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I did STEPs in Year 13 and they were certainly a challenge. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    do they give us a formula booklet?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rastaman)
    do they give us a formula booklet?!?!?!?
    Yeah, we get the OCR formula booklet. I can't believe I'll finally be sitting STEP III in 5 hours. :eek: Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah after all the prep its actually here. Good luck everyone. I hope you get the grades you deserve. In august I wanna see lots of ppl here bragging about their S's and 1's!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sPhil...)
    Yeah after all the prep its actually here. Good luck everyone. I hope you get the grades you deserve. In august I wanna see lots of ppl here bragging about their S's and 1's!!
    We're go' kick so much ass they have to invent a 'T' grade!

*nervous twitch*

ReputationRep:
    just got to coll... an hour to go. two of us stuck in the portocabin :rolleyes: and im sat in front so no glancing over my shoulder ...

but then if you get higher than a T, won't you get a U ? :confused:

i really should get some lunch but i cant eat ... so nervous, but also slightly excited... (note the slightly). my maths teacher said "just enjoy it"... oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    I feel I just been buggered...... not that have been, but you know what I mean.

I don't need the grade from STEP III... I guess I was seriously mental to actually do it. And now? I am truly dejected....

Can't even keep my revision for M4 going.... Ah~~~~~~

ReputationRep:
    I think I failed. Does anyone the typical grade boundaries? I managed to complete questions 1, 5(almost) and half of question 8, but apart from that, that was it. Did anyone else try 5? solve cos-7sinx=5 and 2cosx+11sinx=10, giving your answers of w where w=tan 4/3. I managed to get answers that involved w but I had other terms as well, is this acceptable? The worrying thing is that it really wasn't that hard, I just seemed to waste too much time doing pointless things.

ReputationRep:
    I had a horrible first hour and a half. Ran about like a headless chicken from question to question. Then I finally got one done and then got three other ones done. Did the Fn one, the In one, the graph sketching one and 13. Think I got the pure ones I did right and not too sure about 13. But I'm dead happy and if I don't get in then fair enough, I don't think I could have done much better. Be CALM for STEP II though Andrew!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786)
    I think I failed. Does anyone the typical grade boundaries? I managed to complete questions 1, 5(almost) and half of question 8, but apart from that, that was it. Did anyone else try 5? solve cos-7sinx=5 and 2cosx+11sinx=10, giving your answers of w where w=tan 4/3. I managed to get answers that involved w but I had other terms as well, is this acceptable? The worrying thing is that it really wasn't that hard, I just seemed to waste too much time doing pointless things.
    4 for grade 1, that's all I know.

I did 1, 2,3,4. I'm sure I got 1, 3 and 4 right. Question 8 was easy, only if I had concetrated harder and remembered what the integrating factor was. Grrrrr.

I didn't attemp Q5, the thought of cos(x-a)=cosb kind puts me off... A general rule in STEP, use whatever is metioned in the question. There were three of us in the hall doing STEP, and the rest of them were English Lanuage. That kind of poisoned the Mathematics energy in the room.... not that I'm supersticious, but I'd rather have a small room for just the 3 of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786)
    Last year, 56 was a 1, 43 was a 2 and 33 was a 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    is it out of 120? The paper said 20 marks for a correct full answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    You've just made my day a lot better

ReputationRep:
    Anybody tackle q. 13?

I did q 3, 4, 6, 7 and 13, and 1 partially (only the first part )

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 30, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.