Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wrong campus names and/or codes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I was surfing the universities website and UCAS. They have different campus names and/or codes. Which is more accurate, the universities website or the UCAS website?

(Original post by trev1122)
    When I was surfing the universities website and UCAS. They have different campus names and/or codes. Which is more accurate, the universities website or the UCAS website?
    When applying you should love, obey and worship the UCAS information. If its wrong then you can always blame them and you have no problems!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I e-mailed them to confirm which is the right one, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I had an e-mail from the uni that I want to apply to. The uni said another campus code, and UCAS has a different campus code. Which one should I trust? The admissions tutor from the uni or UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    I had an e-mail from the uni that I want to apply to. The uni said another campus code, and UCAS has a different campus code. Which one should I trust? The admissions tutor from the uni or UCAS?
    I would think the admissions tutor was right as it's their university and they're more familliar with any changes etc and should have the correct codes, UCAS may have simply have forgotten to update/or correct the information. To be honest I don't think it's that important to have the correct campus code but rather the correct institution and course code.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you! When I enter the campus code that the uni want me to put on the online application form, it says "the campus code is invalid". Should I just leave it? Would UCAS care if I put the wrong campus code?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you! When I enter the campus code that the uni want me to put on the online application form, it says "the campus code is invalid". Should I just leave it? Would UCAS care if I put the wrong campus code?
    I don't recall putting the campus codes for any of the six universities I chose in my application. Just leave it blank - I doubt they look at it.

ReputationRep:
    Alrite. The most important thing is that the institution and course code is correct.

ReputationRep:
    Alrite. The most important thing is that the institution and course code is correct.
    Apparantly most universities/courses don't require a campus code. If they do, the campus code is shown beside the course code itself - so if it's not there definitely leave it blank. Are you applying for entry in Sept 2005?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.