Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be able to give me advice.
    Ive been really stressed and become super ill lately and ive fallen behind in maths after already struggling for a while. On average, I get Ds and Es in my maths modules. ive been working as much as I can, doing around 5 past papers a weel but im struggling with logs and differentiation (when there's areas and max/minimums. Not sure what its called). My first exam is the 18th May. Is there any chance of me improving. Do you have any tips? Id be over the moon with a B and content with a C. I wont get an A. Is it too late?

ReputationRep:
    Rules for logs:
    Logx(y)=z ------> x^z=y
    Log(a)+log(b)=log(a*b)
    Log(a)-log(b)=log(a/b)
    xlog(a)=log(a^x)
    When solving inequalities and you need to divide by logs, check whether it's negative because you will need to flip the signs.
    When solving equations to find x remember that the objective is to simplify to a single log so that you can find the unknown.

That's all I can think of for logs really, the key is to practise until you become more fluent but don't waste time on a whole paper if it's only a few topics you're worried about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNav)
    Rules for logs:
    Logx(y)=z ------> x^z=y
    Log(a)+log(b)=log(a*b)
    Log(a)-log(b)=log(a/b)
    xlog(a)=log(a^x)
    When solving inequalities and you need to divide by logs, check whether it's negative because you will need to flip the signs.
    When solving equations to find x remember that the objective is to simplify to a single log so that you can find the unknown.

That's all I can think of for logs really, the key is to practise until you become more fluent but don't waste time on a whole paper if it's only a few topics you're worried about.

lPosted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! Im slowly getting better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.