Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wjec media as predictions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone have an idea on what may come up for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    It could be anything this year, least likely age though.

Events is a possibility as it has only come up a few times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angela97x)
    Hi! I moved this to the media forum for you - you're more likely to get a response there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Hi! I moved this to the media forum for you - you're more likely to get a response there
    ahhh thanjyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisW1805)
    It could be anything this year, least likely age though.

Events is a possibility as it has only come up a few times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    perhaps issues?

ReputationRep:
    my class has guessed issues because of the terrorist attacks that have been happening recently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angela97x)
    Events has very rarely come up so it could be that with the Olympics and EU Referendum going on atm, construction and age came up last year so it's not likely to be them! If they follow the pattern they've had with the exam layout question 3 will be representation and question 2 audience, but they could change it ofc

ReputationRep:
    My teacher seems to think ISSUES is the most likely and also representation of ETHNICITY. It's least likely to be age since that came up last year (I failed the exam last year). Also gender has come up so many times that it's less likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannontlewis)
    My teacher seems to think ISSUES is the most likely and also representation of ETHNICITY. It's least likely to be age since that came up last year (I failed the exam last year). Also gender has come up so many times that it's less likely.
    Events hasn't come up at all in the summer exams so I would say that's most likely but yes issues is also very likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How would you discuss events?? I've never practiced that.

ReputationRep:
    How would you discuss events?? I've never practiced that.
    You'd need to know how 2 events have been represented in different media texts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do use think will come up in regards to the audience question? Doubt it would be positioning again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarad12)
    What do use think will come up in regards to the audience question? Doubt it would be positioning again
    Question 3 is either audience or representation. And issues, events or ethnicity would be there. It was audience last year so it'll probably be representation this time

ReputationRep:
    I know, though do you think it will be target, attract or response?

ReputationRep:
    my teacher thinks gender will come up but now i'm having my doubts after seeing it has come up so many times...

perhaps ethnicity or issues

ReputationRep:
    Question 3 is either audience or representation. And issues, events or ethnicity would be there. It was audience last year so it'll probably be representation this time
    that's not safe to say it'll be representation, it's completely random and there's no pattern if you compare the order of previous years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elegances)
    that's not safe to say it'll be representation, it's completely random and there's no pattern if you compare the order of previous years
    Actually there is: in the summer exam past papers the representation and audience sections swap alternatively each year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any practice essays or any resources on audience questions? i'm fine with responding but construction, attracting etc i'm just so stuck haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarad12)
    I know, though do you think it will be target, attract or response?
    i'm really hoping it's response

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.