Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Abertay is my firm choice for Computer Arts and I have no idea where to apply for accommodation! Help?X

ReputationRep:
    check this link http://www.abertay.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to start the next year at abertay, given that you already past the process of applying, was it difficult ? I mean did they ask you to do an interview ? was it easy ?
    I'm interested in computer games technology and computer games applications development but maybe even if it's not the same course the applying phase might be similar
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Checked that but was unsure about where to look ~ I've sent off the application now though. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumph96)
    I'd like to start the next year at abertay, given that you already past the process of applying, was it difficult ? I mean did they ask you to do an interview ? was it easy ?
    I'm interested in computer games technology and computer games applications development but maybe even if it's not the same course the applying phase might be similar
    thank you
    It wasn't difficult at all but they did ask for a portfolio following my application so I was able to send that off easily and the people I was in touch with that were working there were so helpful with anything I needed and always replied asap. Don't really know about your application process but I'm sure it will be similar x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llax7)
    It wasn't difficult at all but they did ask for a portfolio following my application so I was able to send that off easily and the people I was in touch with that were working there were so helpful with anything I needed and always replied asap. Don't really know about your application process but I'm sure it will be similar x
    sorry what do you mean by portfolio? I apologise but given that I just came to uk from italy and we have a completely different process I'm not used to this, could you please explain it to me ? thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumph96)
    sorry what do you mean by portfolio? I apologise but given that I just came to uk from italy and we have a completely different process I'm not used to this, could you please explain it to me ? thank you
    For Computer Arts they basically just asked for a portfolio of all my previous work so stuff like life drawings, architectural and environmental studies, project work and final pieces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llax7)
    Abertay is my firm choice for Computer Arts and I have no idea where to apply for accommodation! Help?X
    Hi did you get manage to sort your accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychA2016)
    Hi did you get manage to sort your accommodation?
    Yeah I did .. thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.