Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Basically my family are ****ed up. My mum is mental and I didn't hardly see her until I was 13 when I got kicked out of me dads (because of his emotionally abusive wife) and bascaially the last 3 years have been hell with my mum, she tried to get me into care but because she wasn't considered dangerous I couldn't leave, but now I'm 16 should I leave or just kill my self or something I can't ****ing cope
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    Childline 0800 1111 and you can talk it over with them.

    You can also speak to your GP about the stress you are under.

    If you want to leave then unfortunately you will have to contact social services or you could try Shelter to see if there are any young peoples housing charities where you can get a place to stay. theres a place to enter your postcode so you can see if there are any drop in centres near you. Imo you would be better off with a young persons charity, but you will have to google that yourself.
    0808 800 4444

    You cant leave education till 18 unless you find an apprenticeship or a job. Obviously dont do anything drastic, eveb if frustrated as that only harms you.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.