Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello my name is Emna and I'm a 17 years old highschool student.
    In the end of this year, I'm supposed to choose the branch I'm going to continue learning and a new language to learn... a scientific
    I have to choose between : Spanish, German, Chinese and Italian...
    I already speak Arabic, French and English...
    I'm totally lost and I have to give an answer tomorrow!
    I'm going to choose a scientific branch; sciences or mathematics if that can help you...
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Emnabm2)
    Hello my name is Emna and I'm a 17 years old highschool student.
    In the end of this year, I'm supposed to choose the branch I'm going to continue learning and a new language to learn... a scientific
    I have to choose between : Spanish, German, Chinese and Italian...
    I already speak Arabic, French and English...
    I'm totally lost and I have to give an answer tomorrow!
    I'm going to choose a scientific branch; sciences or mathematics if that can help you...
    Chinese and Spanish are spoken by a vast number of people so are probably quite useful languages in that sense. Are you interested in working in places which speak these languages? Chinese is pretty difficult to learn, Spanish, German or Italian would be easier in that they're similar-ish to French and English. Really depends on your interests and future plans.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't mind learning any of these languages or speaking them... I love to speak forgeign languages,
    the only problem is that I'm going to a branch that needs a lot of work, so I want a language that won't bother to review in my baccalaureate which is in 2018...

ReputationRep:
    hi, i am doing french and italian at university, if i were you i'd pick either spanish or italian because they are both romance languages and have similarities to french. If i could choose again i'd pick spanish it's more widely spoken and the grammar is easier that italian, hope that helps xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieTyrrellx)
    hi, i am doing french and italian at university, if i were you i'd pick either spanish or italian because they are both romance languages and have similarities to french. If i could choose again i'd pick spanish it's more widely spoken and the grammar is easier that italian, hope that helps xxx

thaaannk you! I finally choosed Spanich

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.