Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or has Doctor who become less interesting since Peter Capaldi stepped in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    Is it just me or has Doctor who become less interesting since Peter Capaldi stepped in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's been steadily becoming less interesting since Russel T Davies left and Moffat took over. I couldn't even finish the most recent series

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. Since Russel left, it has never been the same.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Would probably agree to be honest. I wasn't the biggest fan of Matt Smith, and I thought Capaldi has actually done a decent job, but pre-Matt Smith I thought it was much better... Most of the post Tennant story lines haven't been as good imo!

ReputationRep:
    Nah I actually like Peter Capaldi, he's waayy better than Matt Smith in my opinion . I stopped watching Doctor Who when Matt Smith came in, he just sucked....really bad. David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston were my personal favourites!

ReputationRep:
    whaaat Matt smith was great!
    Capaldi is easily the worst doctor imo, but ever since he stepped in I haven't bothered watching. The new girl they introduced recently looks even worse.

ReputationRep:
    I think Capaldi had a lot of potential, but Moffat's writing hasn't allowed him to fulfil this potential. He's a great actor, but even great actors can't make a poor script/storyline appear decent.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    whaaat Matt smith was great!
    Capaldi is easily the worst doctor imo, but ever since he stepped in I haven't bothered watching. The new girl they introduced recently looks even worse.
    Nah, I'd say the other way round for Matt Smith and Capaldi to be honest! Perhaps because I generally preferred the Capaldi storylines to the Matt Smith ones... I think that does have a massive effect!

I person I liked the best was David Tennant.I think he acted so well!

ReputationRep:
    Went downhill after Russell and David Tennant left, Moffat's writing isn't great and just plain boring. Capaldi's storylines are too dark and too complicated and tbh, boring. Don't hve high hopes for the next series- in fact, I don't even know if I'll watch at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.