Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I am currently a year 12 student and am just starting to look at universities. I know the ideally you go to the best uni you can but I have narrowed my choices down to 8 universities, and to be honest as bad as it may seem I am looking more at night-life rather than the ranking because I live in London and like the 24 hour lifestyle there is here. I was just wondering whether any of you guys could help and let me know what night life is like at:
    Warwick
    Durham
    Exeter
    Surrey
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Newcastle

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle is meant to be one of the best cities in the UK for uni nightlife. I can imagine Leeds is good as well as it's a big city. Durham and Warwick will probably have the worst nightlife but a degree from either of those two will be worth a little bit more than one from the others, although they are all decent unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanLinton)
    Hey guys, so I am currently a year 12 student and am just starting to look at universities. I know the ideally you go to the best uni you can but I have narrowed my choices down to 8 universities, and to be honest as bad as it may seem I am looking more at night-life rather than the ranking because I live in London and like the 24 hour lifestyle there is here. I was just wondering whether any of you guys could help and let me know what night life is like at:
    Warwick
    Durham
    Exeter
    Surrey
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Newcastle

thanks
    I hear Warwick is dull af because it's so isolated. The same goes for Durham but nearby university cities are accessible.
    Exeter has a particular nightlife. It will suit some people but not others and it will likely be a massive downgrade from the London nightlife and similar, if that's what you're used too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanLinton)
    Warwick
    Durham
    Exeter
    Surrey
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Newcastle

thanks
    Hello,
    i am currently at Newman University and i really enjoy the night life in Birmingham, to be honest your nightlife where ever you go is what you make it. I am looking to do my masters in Warwick and i have heard that the night life is pretty good from a few people. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks guys

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.