Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for either a textbook or website for Year 1 topics like DNA replication etc.
    I find it easier to learn topics when it's all written chronologically on one page rather than in lots of different slides or scattered on flashcards, which is why I don't like using lecture slides from home.
    Are there any websites or textbooks for biology that are like this? Are there any resources you use that you think are particularly good?

Biology/Biochemistry degree students please share!

ReputationRep:
    Albert's cell biology was the book I used the most, I find the diagrams and explanations really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Yh Essential Cell Biology is pretty good, although I found it didn't contain quite a lot of stuff I needed, but I don't do biology so it might be more useful for a biology course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AortaStudyMore)
    Yh Essential Cell Biology is pretty good, although I found it didn't contain quite a lot of stuff I needed, but I don't do biology so it might be more useful for a biology course.
    I did biomed and thought it was great for explaining the concepts I needed for first year. What course do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkyone)
    I did biomed and thought it was great for explaining the concepts I needed for first year. What course do you do?
    Medicine, the textbook was good but I do remember looking things up and not being able to find them, so I sort of just began using it as background reading before bed or something rather than as a major revision resource

ReputationRep:
    Medicine, the textbook was good but I do remember looking things up and not being able to find them, so I sort of just began using it as background reading before bed or something rather than as a major revision resource
    Yeah not great for medicine because it focuses entirely on the cellular processes but it has little information on physiology, histology and things more applicable to medicine. In fact biochemistry books are a bit better for medicine than cell biology books I think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah not great for medicine because it focuses entirely on the cellular processes but it has little information on physiology, histology and things more applicable to medicine. In fact biochemistry books are a bit better for medicine than cell biology books I think.
    Yh, I'm doing quite a science-based medicine course, but yh, half of essential cell biology wasn't really much use to me haha

ReputationRep:
    Yh, I'm doing quite a science-based medicine course, but yh, half of essential cell biology wasn't really much use to me haha
    So what are you using? Have you tried Kumar and Clarks Clinical medicine and Vander's physiology?

ReputationRep:
    So what are you using? Have you tried Kumar and Clarks Clinical medicine and Vander's physiology?
    Well lectures mainly :P But in terms of textbooks I have vander's human physiology, medical sciences and gray's anatomy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.