The Student Room Group

Your ULN (Unique Learner Number)

Hi all,

So there's one thing that's concerning me the most. That's my GCSE English Language grade. I achieved a C in my first attempt, (Coursework B, Exam Grade C), but because I wasn't satisfied with my overall first grade, I tried again. My second attempt, I achieved another C grade (Coursework B, Exam Grade D). That kinda sucked. All I'm trying to ask is will that individual second exam grade effect my application significantly?
I will be re-attempting my English Language GCSE exam again this summer, so final chance to earn higher.

My main questions:
*Through your UCAS, application, do you provide your ULN (the number that showcases all your GCSE/BTEC/A Level results)? Or do you provide proof of what grades you got by bringing all your certificates to your interviews?
*And because English Language is one of the more important GCSEs, will that D grade from my second attempt make my overall application look bad? :/ NOTE: I did earn C grades OVERALL for that subject.

HELP :frown:
Original post by HolyOdin
Hi all,

So there's one thing that's concerning me the most. That's my GCSE English Language grade. I achieved a C in my first attempt, (Coursework B, Exam Grade C), but because I wasn't satisfied with my overall first grade, I tried again. My second attempt, I achieved another C grade (Coursework B, Exam Grade D). That kinda sucked. All I'm trying to ask is will that individual second exam grade effect my application significantly?
I will be re-attempting my English Language GCSE exam again this summer, so final chance to earn higher.

My main questions:
*Through your UCAS, application, do you provide your ULN (the number that showcases all your GCSE/BTEC/A Level results)? Or do you provide proof of what grades you got by bringing all your certificates to your interviews?
*And because English Language is one of the more important GCSEs, will that D grade from my second attempt make my overall application look bad? :/ NOTE: I did earn C grades OVERALL for that subject.

HELP :frown:

* Yes you do provide your ULN when applying through UCAS...this isn't used in your initial application though but is used later on to match your records together once you arrive at university (and to spot applicants who have lied or withheld qualifications). You ALSO declare ALL qualifications you have had awarded - that means you would list your English GCSE grade C for both attempts (the breakdown between coursework and exams isn't a qualification and isn't declared) and any upcoming results from future attempts. On enrolment most universities will ask you to bring along your exam certificates.
* They wont see your exam grade - only your overall grade.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
* Yes you do provide your ULN when applying through UCAS...this isn't used in your initial application though but is used later on to match your records together once you arrive at university (and to spot applicants who have lied or withheld qualifications). You ALSO declare ALL qualifications you have had awarded - that means you would list your English GCSE grade C for both attempts (the breakdown between coursework and exams isn't a qualification and isn't declared) and any upcoming results from future attempts. On enrolment most universities will ask you to bring along your exam certificates.
* They wont see your exam grade - only your overall grade.

Thank you very much for replying :smile:

Quick Reply