KanL
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im thinking of picking Psychology for A Levels with Biology and Media - and I was wondering how it is?

We haven't had the opportunity to do psychology for GCSEs but it seems interesting
sophieburdett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do AQA Psychology at AS at the moment on the new spec and I think it's really good The topics you do are really interesting.

It's a lot to memorise and the evaluation points can be a pain but if you revise a lot then you'll be fine! I'm getting A's at the moment in mocks purely because I revise a lot.
KanL
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by sophieburdett)
I do AQA Psychology at AS at the moment on the new spec and I think it's really good The topics you do are really interesting.

It's a lot to memorise and the evaluation points can be a pain but if you revise a lot then you'll be fine! I'm getting A's at the moment in mocks purely because I revise a lot.
Thanks - do you suggest Biology and Media as good subjects to go alongside?
alykat712
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do AS AQA psych, and Wjec bio and I find there's some crossover between some of the topics (e.g. biological approach in psych paper 2)
Personally I'm not getting amazing grades, but I also don't study as hard as I could and tbh I don't think these subjects are for me but other people I know who do bio and psych are doing really well and click with it, so I guess its down to the individual.
As for media, I don't know anything about it sorry.
minimimi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KanL)
Im thinking of picking Psychology for A Levels with Biology and Media - and I was wondering how it is?

We haven't had the opportunity to do psychology for GCSEs but it seems interesting
I did AQA Psychology at A Level
It was hard work but do-able
I got a C at AS and an A at A2 so overall a B

Exam essay practice is a must! Evaluation points and research is essential.
greghayes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sitting the exam next monday. I didn't have the chance to do it at GCSE either but I'm really glad that I chose it this year. So much so that I changed my mind about which degree I wanted to do and chose psychology instead of law. There's a lot of evaluation points to learn but the course is definitely interesting and very easy (if you put the effort in)
jessicabristow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I find psychology really interesting but there's so much to remember!
RedRosesBloom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by minimimi)
I did AQA Psychology at A Level
It was hard work but do-able
I got a C at AS and an A at A2 so overall a B

Exam essay practice is a must! Evaluation points and research is essential.
Was it a low or high A that you got at A2 ?
minimimi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RedRosesBloom)
Was it a low or high A that you got at A2 ?
Quite a high A I think
slice_wakjer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KanL)

Simply, work hard right from the start of your AS year and it will be no problem. I'm really enjoying it now that I've revised (I didn't revise much psychology at the start of the year so couldn't understand + enjoy it). Biology would be a really good subject to go alongside it as there are elements of biopsychology in psychology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (157)
60.38%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.23%
No- I want it (74)
28.46%
No- I don't want it (18)