Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am having trouble deciding on accommodation.
    Was going to go for Central Village, it seems perfect (hence why it's so oversubscribed I guess), however I have heard quite a few negative reports from people saying it's very unsociable in comparison to the other halls which has really put me off - has anyone got experience of/an opinion on this? What makes it less sociable than the other halls? Obviously I know who you are put with in a flat etc will affect your experience of this.I'm also interested in Henry Price and Leodis, if anyone has any info/opinions on these that would also be helpful

ReputationRep:
    I went to the accomodation viewing day on Saturday and the owners of the rooms in Central Village seemed like nice and talkable people, but I too have heard reports that its unsociable and I'm now a tad concerned as quality and facility-wise it ticks every other box. Apparently in Leodis its not unlikely for many to come together in the common room and organise movie or game nights, but Central Village has this too so I can't understand how people can conclude whether one accomodation is generally unsociable or not. I like all the accomodation so whichever I choose is kinda going to be a stab in the dark I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DWTDevil)
    I went to the accomodation viewing day on Saturday and the owners of the rooms in Central Village seemed like nice and talkable people, but I too have heard reports that its unsociable and I'm now a tad concerned as quality and facility-wise it ticks every other box. Apparently in Leodis its not unlikely for many to come together in the common room and organise movie or game nights, but Central Village has this too so I can't understand how people can conclude whether one accomodation is generally unsociable or not. I like all the accomodation so whichever I choose is kinda going to be a stab in the dark I guess...
    Exactly! I don't understand what about it makes it so unsociable when they still have a common room etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.