Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Usually when I talk to girls, they ask me what I do, I say im in the University. They are usually like oh.. and move away (these are university girls too). i think its because im unattractive.

I make a lot of money as a student (nothing illegal). If I told them about that would it make a difference? I run a company. But I usually dont like to disclose this, as I like to differentiate from genuine girls and gold diggas.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Usually when I talk to girls, they ask me what I do, I say im in the University. They are usually like oh.. and move away (these are university girls too). i think its because im unattractive.

I make a lot of money as a student (nothing illegal). If I told them about that would it make a difference? I run a company. But I usually dont like to disclose this, as I like to differentiate from genuine girls and gold diggas.
    I don't get why they would look down on your for being in university when they too are there. If they are the sort of girls that would see you differently for making a lot of money then they aren't the sort of girls you want anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its because your overall conversation is uninteresting. They can't look down on your status as a student because you share that with them. They might be getting bored by the way you say it, or your tangents.

Maybe analyse about how you converse, and see where you can improve.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't lift you'll struggle to push above your weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Maybe its because your overall conversation is uninteresting. They can't look down on your status as a student because you share that with them. They might be getting bored by the way you say it, or your tangents.

Maybe analyse about how you converse, and see where you can improve.
    or maybe their into older men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MevMev)
    or maybe their into older men
    Maybe some. But OP's post seems to imply that he can't pick up any girls.

Plus you can't really insinuate from the post whether there is any age disparity.

(Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    If you don't lift you'll struggle to push above your weight
    Pun intended? :laugh:

Plus you can't really insinuate from the post whether there is any age disparity.
    This. I cannot pickup anygirls. If I talk to anygirl about anything they back away,

ReputationRep:
    This. I cannot pickup anygirls. If I talk to anygirl about anything they back away,
    Are you being too 'nice', or too annoying? Its probably because you're overdoing it in some way.

Are you being too 'nice', or too annoying? Its probably because you're overdoing it in some way.
    what is wrong with being nice?

ReputationRep:

Maybe you're coming on a little strong with the conversation?
    I definitely wouldn't expose the fact you make a lot of money immediately just to try and intrigue them, because you will then most definitely end up with a 'gold digger'.
    Just be yourself is the best advice I can give, be friendly, don't come on too strong. Don't force anything, if they can't appreciate who you are or your company then that's their loss! It's just a matter of who you click with and who you don't.

ReputationRep:
    what is wrong with being nice?
    Nothing. Which is why I included the adverb. Being overly nice can seem desperate or even fake.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I doubt its because you are at Uni, especially if they are as well.
    More likely your general conversation and impression you make.

ReputationRep:

aren't u the one who made that my dad asked me to get engaged to a girl in a photo thread :P loooooool how did that work out in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MevMev)
    aren't u the one who made that my dad asked me to get engaged to a girl in a photo thread :P loooooool how did that work out in the end
    Yup

We haven't talked about it since. I think he was just asking more for future reference, rather than an immediate occasion.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.