The Student Room Group

Girl I like only seems to message me when it's convenient for her

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chikane
Did you meet her once in person? How far away are you from one another?

Yes we have met quite a few times but we live nearly 2 hours drive from each other. Just a little side note I messaged her on Saturday saying "Not spoken for a while so I just wanted to pop up and say hi. Hope you're well" she read the message and never replied but last night she put a Facebook status about being bored and wanting someone to drop her an inbox.
I think you should propose. Everything will fall in place after that. It's destiny....:banana:
Original post by Anonymous
Yes we have met quite a few times but we live nearly 2 hours drive from each other. Just a little side note I messaged her on Saturday saying "Not spoken for a while so I just wanted to pop up and say hi. Hope you're well" she read the message and never replied but last night she put a Facebook status about being bored and wanting someone to drop her an inbox.

You should move on she seems like she is not interested in messaging you back. When she messaged you i think she does it cause she wants attention i bet there are other guys messaging her too.
Also maybe the distance is an issue as well 2 hours is a long way away if i were you i would meet other people.
That's weird, I only message people when it's completely inconvenient.
Original post by MildredMalone
That's weird, I only message people when it's completely inconvenient.

Hahaha. I was just thinking this.

Op - everyone does everything at their own convenience. Welcome to the human race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieBlogger
Hahaha. I was just thinking this.

Op - everyone does everything at their own convenience. Welcome to the human race.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I didn't make it clear what I meant was it only seems like she messages me when she wants something.
Reply 26
Dude, you sound like a nice guy, maybe a bit too nice. Your messages to her are too polite, you need to grab her attention, think outside the box; she ignores you because you aren't a challenge. The trick is to get her attention without making it obvious that's what you're doing. Ignore the ********s on here giving you smart replies, they just enjoy listening to someone else's woes because it provides a brief distraction from their own.
Original post by Matt5150
Dude, you sound like a nice guy, maybe a bit too nice. Your messages to her are too polite, you need to grab her attention, think outside the box; she ignores you because you aren't a challenge. The trick is to get her attention without making it obvious that's what you're doing. Ignore the ********s on here giving you smart replies, they just enjoy listening to someone else's woes because it provides a brief distraction from their own.

I think you have got a point, people are always telling me I'm a nice guy and maybe she is taking advantage of this. How do I grab her attention? But at the same time I don't want to be the one always messaging her.
okay dude, it's an oldie but a goodie. Like I said, keep it mean keep em keen. but tbh it seems like a tonne of hasstle, two hours drive come on? I'm sure there's plenty of girls that live closer to you. as someone else said you should move on.

Spoiler

So just before Christmas I met this girl and we hit it off straight away but she was in a relationship at the time, just after Christmas she broke up with the guy and she added me on Facebook and we started talking a lot more and I made it really obvious that I liked her and I got the impression that she liked me back. She would always pop up on my Facebook liking and commenting on my statuses.

Anyway for the last few months she hasn't seemed as eager to talk to me, when I message her first I see that she has read the message but doesn't reply for a few days or never at all. But if she messages me first she always says she really misses me and I get the impression she only messages me when it's a convenient time for her. Also I have not looked at her Facebook profile or interacted with any of her statuses on Facebook for months but when I go on my friends list she is always listed as one of my top two friends, does this mean she is looking at my profile?

My head is a mess what should I do?

This says it all. You're not even going out with her and you're completely infatuated. Pull yourself together young man.
I think you have got a point, people are always telling me I'm a nice guy and maybe she is taking advantage of this. How do I grab her attention? But at the same time I don't want to be the one always messaging her.

Very simple, my friend. Get a sex change
Reply 31
You're starting from less than zero because she doesn't seem interested, there are some pretty tactical things you could do and they don't involve her- at least not directly. Do you know her girlfriends? Make friends (and I mean friends don't hit on them) with some of them, casually comment on their statuses don't go overboard just enough so she sees. Make all your own statuses really positive, like you're having the time of your life. Be interesting, create a buzz that wasn't there before, again, we're not talk Walter Mitty here, just enough to shake things up. Then, the hardest part of all, don't message her, WAIT. I guarantee if she is genuinely interested and wants to connect she'll come after you. If you're at this point you're doing well so don't screw it up by replying HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!😍😍....keep your replies short, not cocky tho, leave some replies longer than others to give the illusion you're busy with other things. Keep that up and it'll become natural after a while. It's not about fakery, it's about holding back and staying cool.

Good luck. And remember, she's just one girl....there's lots of them out there, fill your boots!
Original post by Matt5150
You're starting from less than zero because she doesn't seem interested, there are some pretty tactical things you could do and they don't involve her- at least not directly. Do you know her girlfriends? Make friends (and I mean friends don't hit on them) with some of them, casually comment on their statuses don't go overboard just enough so she sees. Make all your own statuses really positive, like you're having the time of your life. Be interesting, create a buzz that wasn't there before, again, we're not talk Walter Mitty here, just enough to shake things up. Then, the hardest part of all, don't message her, WAIT. I guarantee if she is genuinely interested and wants to connect she'll come after you. If you're at this point you're doing well so don't screw it up by replying HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!😍😍....keep your replies short, not cocky tho, leave some replies longer than others to give the illusion you're busy with other things. Keep that up and it'll become natural after a while. It's not about fakery, it's about holding back and staying cool.

Good luck. And remember, she's just one girl....there's lots of them out there, fill your boots!

So I should not message her now I should wait for her to message me first.
Reply 33
So I should not message her now I should wait for her to message me first.

Yes. But, that doesn't mean passively sitting back and waiting for messenger to chime, you could be in for a very long wait. If you want this girl to pay attention to you so that she'll message you you're gonna have to shake things up. It's a lot of effort, and it might not get you anywhere with her, but someine else on your list might just pop up who's actually a better match. We all want the one we can't have my friend, men and women alike. This all starts with you, you make some changes and the rest will happen naturally. Don't pin everything on a girl, that's not love, it's worse, it's infatuation, but it doesn't last.
She's literally not interested in you. You need to drink some water to quench your thirst.
Fam, don't talk to her. There is plenty of tings out there, my g.
Reply 36
When girls do that. There not interested because ain't nobody that busy where they can't make time for you . Because even tho she just got out of a relationship,y'all just friends and just trying to get to know each other. She playing the escape mode . Find a new friend that consistent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending