The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
Sorry you've had an odd couple of days :frown: here if you want to talk at all - miss talking to you since I left the skype conversation! I'm not doing great tbh, now graduated and living in supported housing (which is a bit of a nightmare :frown: )

Thanks, you too- always welcome to message on there or here! Or facebook, having a random blank whether I have you there or not :redface: sorry to hear that :hugs: supported housing seemed a really good idea but can never tell I guess, varies place to place too :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth

drugs

I'm looking for advice from you guys..... I'm considering dropping out of uni but that will mean the end of another of my dreams and I have no idea what to do instead. I haven't spoken to my wife about this yet, I want to have more advantages and disadvantages before I bring it up. I just cannot concentrate and I've already failed one of the core classes twice so I'll be giving it a third attempt if I continue and I really don't see myself passing this time either. I don't know what to do. Anyone here been in a similar situation or able to offer advice? Thanks!

Have you considered asking for extra support, before the resit? What seems to be the problem? Have you been doing the mandatory required reading? Or haven't you been able to make 100% attendance?

PS i also like the odd benzo and drink, but in moderation you understand? Try to put university first okay? What year are you in btw sabretooth?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by furryface12

That's really good to hear! But you're definitely good on here :smile: exactly with the resisting thing, it really is but you'll get there eventually- hopefully we all will. And not sure, but thanks :redface:

Thankyou!
Ah well that's relieving to hear! I feel satisfied with that!
Yeah well I hope so tbh, I managed to improve part of my problems tonight so that's a good step!
Yes hopefully everyone will get better asap! Because everyone here is deserving of infinite happiness!
You do! No worries! :hugs:
Thanks, you too- always welcome to message on there or here! Or facebook, having a random blank whether I have you there or not :redface: sorry to hear that :hugs: supported housing seemed a really good idea but can never tell I guess, varies place to place too :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure! I don't think we currently have each other on facebook but I'll PM you a link to my profile - completely up to you whether you want to add me or not. :hugs: Yes theoretically it's good and has given me to opportunity to get away from horrible parents, but is a very challenging environment which isn't exactly conducive to recovery :s-smilie: Anyway, hope we can catch up properly soon. Feel free to message any time :hugs:
Original post by john2054
Have you considered asking for extra support, before the resit? What seems to be the problem? Have you been doing the mandatory required reading? Or haven't you been able to make 100% attendance?

PS i also like the odd benzo and drink, but in moderation you understand? Try to put university first okay? What year are you in btw sabretooth?

I live in the US so things are a little different. Rather than being able to resit a final exam, I have to do the whole class again - which is lectures 3 times a week with a quiz in every one, then 2 lab exams and 3 lecture exams. I made 100% attendance both times I did the class and attempted all the reading but I just couldn't memorize enough of the material. I find it very hard to concentrate and my memory and motivation both suck too probably from the medication I'm on. It's basically a memorize everything class and I just can't deal with that (I actually got the lowest grade in the class). If I do go for it I have 3 other classes as well so it's a lot of work and I don't thnink anything has changed which would allow me to pass this time round.

Gonna be starting my second semester in August. :smile:

I'm not really a big drinker, usually a bottle of beer or cider once a week though yesterday I had 2 glasses of red wine, a can of 8% beer mixed with 1.5mg clonazepam. :colondollar:

Oops! Sorry for the wall of text. :redface: How're you? Are you at uni? I've seen you post quite a few helpful posts around the site.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by moment of truth
Guysss,

I have some (sad) news! I have decided to leave TSR for good and I thought I should post on this thread due to the amount it has helped and supported me in the past!

I have been meaning to leave TSR for a while now but I feel like now is the right time.

I wish everyone on here the best of luck for the future and I hope everyone stays safe and feels better in time :hugs: no-one on here deserves to suffer as much as they do and I really hope things improve for people!

Thank you to everyone for everything and I will definitely miss you guys! :jumphug: :lovehug:

Awww this is quite sad :sad: Wishing you the very best this world has to offer! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck moment of truth!

Original post by ScaryScience
Sure! I don't think we currently have each other on facebook but I'll PM you a link to my profile - completely up to you whether you want to add me or not. :hugs: Yes theoretically it's good and has given me to opportunity to get away from horrible parents, but is a very challenging environment which isn't exactly conducive to recovery :s-smilie: Anyway, hope we can catch up properly soon. Feel free to message any time :hugs:

Have done it now! Yeah, can imagine :s-smilie: the away from parents part is good at least but still not great :/ You too- am rubbish at messaging first but you're very welcome to, doesn't mean I don't want to talk to you! (if that makes any sort of sense :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck moment of truth!

Have done it now! Yeah, can imagine :s-smilie: the away from parents part is good at least but still not great :/ You too- am rubbish at messaging first but you're very welcome to, doesn't mean I don't want to talk to you! (if that makes any sort of sense :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes total sense, don't worry. I am similar too, but will try and check in with you from time to time. :hugs: Anyway I need to get off TSR because it is always such a silly billy for me :shakecane:
Time is dragging on until my medical. Just wish it was quarter to 4 already :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wanna sleep forever now. Happiness has eluded me and its never coming back!
Cannot deal with this anymore! Im just bringing everyone down here (hrnce why im being ignored by people who i thought liked me)
Just a waste of space
Original post by FireFreezer77
Just wanna sleep forever now. Happiness has eluded me and its never coming back!
Cannot deal with this anymore! Im just bringing everyone down here (hrnce why im being ignored by people who i thought liked me)
Just a waste of space

Repped because I relate not because I agree, if that makes sense :redface:

~Anon 1
Original post by Anonymous
Repped because I relate not because I agree, if that makes sense :redface:

~Anon 1

Yeah that makes sense.
You shouldnt feel that way though!
Just a waste of space

Not bringing anyone down. If this post is about me, I'm sorry :frown: Didn't feel that the last message necessarily needed a response :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Idk if this is like triggering so I will put it in a spoiler anyway :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not bringing anyone down. If this post is about me, I'm sorry :frown: Didn't feel that the last message necessarily needed a response :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like i am!
Why would it be about you? Youve helped me massively!!
I feel like i am!
Why would it be about you? Youve helped me massively!!

I dunno, I just worried it was me who'd done something. Hope these feelings pass soon for you. Not a waste of space at all :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Time is dragging on until my medical. Just wish it was quarter to 4 already :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I dunno, I just worried it was me who'd done something. Hope these feelings pass soon for you. Not a waste of space at all :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you're okay, haven't spoken to you in awhile :hugs:
Just out of my medical. I was such a state. I couldn't stop shaking, crying and took a panic, my gut flared up and the doc had to ask my mum some questions because I was in such a state. He went to speak to a supervisor and came back and told me they had enough evidence and I could go and he wasn't willing to put me through any more of the medical because I was so worked up.

He said I might need to come back for medical in a year or two so maybe that means he is confident I'll be put into the work or support group? I dunno. Just so glad it's over. I'll be dreading any text or post I get over the next week or so while I wait on a decision.

Thanks everyone for your support lately :hugs: I'm drained to hell but going out for a run in the car with Callan to hopefully clear my head a little

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I don't know where to post this so I guess I will post here. This may sound really weird but I am constantly anxious about my own existence. I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety but there is a part of my story which I did not talk about while I was being diagnosed. This is because I felt too weird talking about it.

[Potential trigger- death]

Spoiler

Does anyone know what this called or know anyone who has experienced this?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest