The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

I've had the week from hell. PIP assessment was awful, followed by ESA stopping money because they hadn't received my sick note that I had posted 3 weeks previously. Then my CC tells me that despite her telling me I could be getting imminent psychology help (after 3 years of waiting), she's said that I wont be getting anything until 2017. I said I cant cope that long without therapy, and she said the only other option is charity counselling but she says they wont take me on due to risk. I have slept an entirety of 10 hours this entire week. I am so exhausted I cant move and physical pain is at an all time high. I have been agitated out of mind, leading to hours of pacing and trying. Today I've not stopped sobbing and have been a complete mess. I've been ignored by staff, and I tried to ring a helpline which is ****. I am now having very bad thoughts, feelings and urges and am at the end of my tether.
Original post by ScaryScience
I've had the week from hell. PIP assessment was awful, followed by ESA stopping money because they hadn't received my sick note that I had posted 3 weeks previously. Then my CC tells me that despite her telling me I could be getting imminent psychology help (after 3 years of waiting), she's said that I wont be getting anything until 2017. I said I cant cope that long without therapy, and she said the only other option is charity counselling but she says they wont take me on due to risk. I have slept an entirety of 10 hours this entire week. I am so exhausted I cant move and physical pain is at an all time high. I have been agitated out of mind, leading to hours of pacing and trying. Today I've not stopped sobbing and have been a complete mess. I've been ignored by staff, and I tried to ring a helpline which is ****. I am now having very bad thoughts, feelings and urges and am at the end of my tether.
I'm sure having less sleep only makes your problems worse. Just try to get some rest. Sleeping always makes me feel better
Less than three weeks till I can move my stuff up to uni :smile: given how they've treated me this summer, I am absolutely dreading seeing some of my housemates- but that can't be as bad as being wrapped in cotton wool at home!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sure having less sleep only makes your problems worse. Just try to get some rest. Sleeping always makes me feel better

Well I would do if I could! I'm not choosing to sleep so little.
I think i might be depressed. Im really confused about what to do next because these things need treating
Original post by tanyapotter
I think i might be depressed. Im really confused about what to do next because these things need treating

Sorry to read this. I guess the most obvious step is to approach your GP. Would you feel comfortable doing that? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience

Sorry to hear its been such a bad week :frown: :hugs:

Have you not had an ESA medical yet? I thought maybe you were put in the support group already and didn't need to hand in any more sick notes. The same thing happened to me during the assessment stage. I got my bf to hand in the sick note to my local job centre since it was a day late as the woman on the phone told us to do that and then the office would fax it to the handling office and I would get paid within a few days but nope, the office claimed it was never handed in and I had to wait weeks for a payment. I think they forget we need that money to live off of :frown:

That's awful about how long you have to wait for help :frown: too often are we hearing stories about too long waiting lists, not enough funding etc.

I hope you managed to get some sleep. I know how hard it is though when you are in this state, I am the same but sleep will really help and I hope you get a good nights sleep if you haven't already. Feel free to mail me any time if you need to talk :hugs:
want to scream
Made a thread, it got deleted.

I remember posting here before, and then somebody accused me of only offering to help a female user because I'm some sort of opportunist. (It's shame that I can't even try to help people who have similar problems to me. It's like I'm not even allowed to be a good human being)
I miss the days I could post in this thread and get help or help people, even if I did do it anonymously.

Deysey has politely told you the thread hasnt been deleted it has been moved to give you support from trained people (which generally means it was a rule breaking thread mentioning either suicide or self harm)

This hasnt been done out of spite!!

This thread is still here to help EVERYONE that accepts the support when given it.
Noone here is a trained professional, but mentally ill people.

Please dont go shouting your mouth off at people who are trying to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:ninja:
Sorry everybody, can we just forget that happened?

On another note, so scared my depression and anxiety will get in the way of doing well in my new job. Need to get it under control :indiff:

On another note, so scared my depression and anxiety will get in the way of doing well in my new job. Need to get it under control :indiff:

:hugs: x
when you think things are going well then life goes and kicks you in the nads & punches you in the face with cold hard dose of things falling apart on you.sigh.I am just not meant to be happy at this point am I? :frown:
Off on holiday tomorrow.

Kinda terrified that everything's going to go wrong whilst I'm away and that I'm going to end up not in a good place. :frown:

Are you getting any support? :console:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

:gasp: :fan: :lovehug: :loveduck:*
just cos someone stops talking about something doesn't mean that it has gone away.
'oh you are fine now?'
no lol i just shut up bc i dont want to burden you and im tired of talking when nothing helps.
Original post by Airmed
Are you getting any support? :console:

Nothing atmo, my GP at uni advised me to visit my GP at home (this was just before I graduated) as she felt I definitely needed meds to deal with my depression. This was a year ago and I never visited my GP, I'm just so nervous about the side effects of these meds :redface:
Original post by Airmed
x

Haven't spoken to you in awhile, hope you're alright x

Latest