The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Crying to sleep... Again
Fell asleep and finally got my head back together, feeling much better. Just really confused now as I can't remember what I said earlier on here or was complaining about :s-smilie: but thanks for putting up with me :lol:
Original post by Anonymous
Nothing atmo, my GP at uni advised me to visit my GP at home (this was just before I graduated) as she felt I definitely needed meds to deal with my depression. This was a year ago and I never visited my GP, I'm just so nervous about the side effects of these meds :redface:

Unfortunately, side effects are really common. :frown: However you might be lucky and find a medication that works wonders.
warming up to the possibility i might need some kind of help :redface:
Everything in my head feels really wrong, just hoping this feeling will pass.
warming up to the possibility i might need some kind of help :redface:

Not going to push it but if you can think that would be a really good idea :hugs: I only did a couple of months back (well I only actually opened up to anyone a couple of weeks back and even then nowhere near fully) and that was because a cardiologist picked up on it of all people! But made a massive difference already just someone knowing tbh. Really hope you can :hugs:

Original post by Anon #2
Everything in my head feels really wrong, just hoping this feeling will pass.

:jumphug: vaguely around if talking would help (to both of you!)

Hope everyone's doing okay :smile: and that is definitely good news TLG! Delayed reply sorry :redface:
Original post by furryface12
Not going to push it but if you can think that would be a really good idea :hugs: I only did a couple of months back (well I only actually opened up to anyone a couple of weeks back and even then nowhere near fully) and that was because a cardiologist picked up on it of all people! But made a massive difference already just someone knowing tbh. Really hope you can :hugs:

idk if i can tbh, like nothing has really changed which enables me to get help because i still think ppl around me would be against it if they found out and idek how to get it in the first place because my doctors are the definition of **** and they are in a rough part of town which is too far and which i cant get to easily on my own anyway. I just want the dreams sorted. im tired of being drowned, burned alive, raped, hung etc etc and they just seem to get worse and they are vivid and im tired of it. I probably have other things i could talk to them about like anxiety and being so obsessive and just wanting to cry all the time but people dont regard those things as 'real' so i would be in trouble if that got found out cos it is is all 'PC' and 'left' apparently. Whereas if i went over the dreams then noone can dispute that really, like it is more of a physical thing.
and im glad it is working for you Furry :hugs: i hope you are well xx

:jumphug: vaguely around if talking would help (to both of you!)

Hope everyone's doing okay :smile: and that is definitely good news TLG! Delayed reply sorry :redface:

I don't even know what's going on in my own head tbh :tongue:

How are you? :hugs:
idk if i can tbh, like nothing has really changed which enables me to get help because i still think ppl around me would be against it if they found out and idek how to get it in the first place because my doctors are the definition of **** and they are in a rough part of town which is too far and which i cant get to easily on my own anyway. I just want the dreams sorted. im tired of being drowned, burned alive, raped, hung etc etc and they just seem to get worse and they are vivid and im tired of it. I probably have other things i could talk to them about like anxiety and being so obsessive and just wanting to cry all the time but people dont regard those things as 'real' so i would be in trouble if that got found out cos it is is all 'PC' and 'left' apparently. Whereas if i went over the dreams then noone can dispute that really, like it is more of a physical thing.
and im glad it is working for you Furry :hugs: i hope you are well xx

People not being supportive is hard :/ it's your health though and you're definitely old enough to make your own decisions, wish they'd respect that. Is there any way you could change doctors? Not sure if you have to be 18 for that though. Don't really know what else to suggest but really hope you can manage it at some point, always around if you want to talk too- I know how bad dreams can be, luckily mine haven't been so bad recently but seem to be going for the no sleep at all tactic which i'm not sure is a lot better :tongue: always happy to listen though whatever it's about :hugs:

Original post by Anon #2
I don't even know what's going on in my own head tbh :tongue:

How are you? :hugs:

Doesn't have to be about that, happy to talk about crazy animals or whatever if it'd help (not what animals just autocorrected itself to though...) but is up to you! I'm okay, lot better than a few weeks ago anyway. All things are relative but hopefully things will keep going up :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Fell asleep and finally got my head back together, feeling much better. Just really confused now as I can't remember what I said earlier on hxere or was complaining about :s-smilie: but thanks for putting up with me :lol:
I think we have all made similar posts like this. I know I definitely have.

Doesn't have to be about that, happy to talk about crazy animals or whatever if it'd help (not what animals just autocorrected itself to though...) but is up to you! I'm okay, lot better than a few weeks ago anyway. All things are relative but hopefully things will keep going up :redface:

Glad you're feeling better! Definitely hope things keep getting better and better for you :yep: :hugs:
Finding it so frustrating relying on someone who drives to get me out and about because I don't drive myself. Just makes me feel trapped, I can't just get out when I need a breather 😞
Haven't posted in a while! Quite nervous :frown:
need space
Original post by Little Popcorns
Finding it so frustrating relying on someone who drives to get me out and about because I don't drive myself. Just makes me feel trapped, I can't just get out when I need a breather 😞

I know exactly how you feel. This is why I hope I can pass my driving test ASAP 😞
Really anxious tonight and highly strung and can't relax :frown: think it was because I went out for the day and so many stuff set off my obsessions and I couldn't always give into a ritual so it set off numerous panics both big and small and I think that and the heat from today has just wiped me out :cry2:
Getting used to the aura that comes before a down or anxious phase, and I'm starting to get that down feeling. Any good ideas on how to keep spirits up/ prevent it getting worse?
I really want to keep my mood under control so I can enjoy going to London this weekend :/
Feel I may be slipping into another depressive episode.
So I'll sleep to avoid that.
Night all.
need space

:lovehug:
:lovehug:

Thank you Kind stranger :hugs: