The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
MRI results came back, all clear! No tumour!

Fantastic news! :biggrin: I'm over the moon for you :hugs:
Original post by Midnightmemories
That's Oxford for you. :frown: Supposed to be getting a review with Rheumatology in three months time but three months after my appointment in November is middle of February and I haven't heard anything about a date yet. So I've just been referred and left again. My GP is lovely and has given me the advice of putting yourself first (when I explained the appointment situation she told me to screw them and go anyway if they won't let me :giggle: ) and she's trying to do everything she can for me. Which is hard to do when consultants can't agree. GP won't give me anything more for pain until I've seen neuro and see what they say. Going to try and mention the current mental health situation when I next go since as much as I'm trying to do this on my own I'm really struggling. It seems like every letter I get is more bad news after another and it's really taking a toll on me.

It is time for my health to come first. Im just pissed off at myself that it's taken problems with my spinal cord to make me realise that. Why am I such a *****y person? I don't feel like myself anymore. :hide:

Sorry for the rant. :blush:

Ah good old Oxford :mad: No need to apologise. Sounds frustrating. You're not a *****y person. Stubborn yes, but not *****y. Glad you've got a good GP at least :smile:

Brilliant, I am so glad for you! :hugs:

:woo: so pleased for you!

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ah good old Oxford :mad: No need to apologise. Sounds frustrating. You're not a *****y person. Stubborn yes, but not *****y. Glad you've got a good GP at least :smile:

Who in there right mind decides drip feeding results is a good idea? Seems like every time I see a envelope with that postcode on it my heart races.

My stubbornness has gotten me into trouble at work and now I'm worried about him deciding that I'm not good enough.

I'm happy to wait extra time to see that GP since last time I decided I couldn't I got another one deciding I was too fat. So now I always see my lovely GP.

Hope your alright my lovely :hugs:
Thanks all for the lovely replies :smile:

So happy for you! :hugs: Fab news

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank Goodness X

Original post by Spock's Socks
Fantastic news! :biggrin: I'm over the moon for you :hugs:

Heya, hope your appointment well. Sorry that I've been slow with my reply but I actually had a blood test and chest-xray a couple of weeks ago, haven't heard back but I'm assuming it's good news because they would have called by now. I need to go into the docs to collect my results but ugh so anxious for some silly reason -__-

She did say it's a swollen cervical lymphnode but that it feels benign. It still hasn't gone so I guess I have to get used to having this thing on my neck and realising that it isn't something I should spend time worrying about even though I did come across it so randomly.

However it's funny because I think through this whole lymphnode worry journey I have actually come across SEVERAL people with swollen lymphnodes necks and all of them are fine (including you :P).

I am just going to trust my results if I get the all clear (which is likely since no news usually means good news) and try and get some therapy to help me get over this dreadful anxiety.
Why helo there mr paranoia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, since saturday I have had dreams about:
- being a parent
- being a parent
- being a parent
- ninjas
- being a parent

Freud might say that my subconscious is trying to tell me something. :holmes:

(I'm actually not joking about the ninjas, it was very Daredevil-esque (the netflix show)). :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PandaWho
Why helo there mr paranoia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that. :hugs:

I had awful paranoia this morning. I got this idea that the workmen fixing the road weren't actually fixing it they were monitoring me. Got home, took klonopin, had a nap. :sigh: My spouse keeps telling me to get back on the Q. I know that you probably don't want to do that either.
Original post by Sabertooth
Sorry to hear that. :hugs:

I had awful paranoia this morning. I got this idea that the workmen fixing the road weren't actually fixing it they were monitoring me. Got home, took klonopin, had a nap. :sigh: My spouse keeps telling me to get back on the Q. I know that you probably don't want to do that either.

Decided living of chocolate biccies wasnt doing me any good so went to the shop. But convinced i was being watched and followed and now they know im deffo in the flat :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decided living of chocolate biccies wasnt doing me any good so went to the shop. But convinced i was being watched and followed and now they know im deffo in the flat :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can be really horrible when you feel like that. :console:

Huge well done on going to the shop! :five: When I get worried that people might break in I keep a knife close to me, if you think you'll be safe to do that maybe try it? Or a hockey stick/baseball bat/crowbar whatever makes you feel better.
It can be really horrible when you feel like that. :console:

Huge well done on going to the shop! :five: When I get worried that people might break in I keep a knife close to me, if you think you'll be safe to do that maybe try it? Or a hockey stick/baseball bat/crowbar whatever makes you feel better.

I kinda feel safe in the flat, cos we have a secure(ish) door down stairs then im up 2 flights of stairs and my flat doors locked. But its the noises in and outside of the flat. Convinced people are watching me.

The guy im kinda seeing is kinda calming me down, but on the other hand his replies are really few and far between which is kinda hightening things.

Urgh cba going to the drs and explaining everything and risk more meds. I keep forgetting to take the ones i already have!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I kinda feel safe in the flat, cos we have a secure(ish) door down stairs then im up 2 flights of stairs and my flat doors locked. But its the noises in and outside of the flat. Convinced people are watching me.

The guy im kinda seeing is kinda calming me down, but on the other hand his replies are really few and far between which is kinda hightening things.

Urgh cba going to the drs and explaining everything and risk more meds. I keep forgetting to take the ones i already have!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good that your flat is hard to get to so you feel safer. Could you maybe close the curtains if you're worried about being watched? Something else I do is dress like a total thug; which is different to how I usually dress, you know hood up looking intimidating - that way you might feel like you can trick them into thinking you're someone else from the same block of flats.

Perhaps you could skype the guy so he can't take ages to reply?

I know what you mean about the doc's, it can be scary and meds often have horrible side effects but if they give you a better quality of life maybe worth it? As for forgetting, you could try putting them by your toothbrush if you need to take them in the morning/before bed, or set an alarm on your phone. I think the easiest way to remember is to create a routine - like the toothbrush thing.
That's good that your flat is hard to get to so you feel safer. Could you maybe close the curtains if you're worried about being watched? Something else I do is dress like a total thug; which is different to how I usually dress, you know hood up looking intimidating - that way you might feel like you can trick them into thinking you're someone else from the same block of flats.

Perhaps you could skype the guy so he can't take ages to reply?

I know what you mean about the doc's, it can be scary and meds often have horrible side effects but if they give you a better quality of life maybe worth it? As for forgetting, you could try putting them by your toothbrush if you need to take them in the morning/before bed, or set an alarm on your phone. I think the easiest way to remember is to create a routine - like the toothbrush thing.

My bedroom curtains are always closed but im still connvinced i can be seen. Iv been known to crawl across the floor before :sigh:

Hes run out of data atm so can only text him. Which sucks

Getting an appointment at my drs is almost impossible though, the next free appointment is like feb 14th!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My bedroom curtains are always closed but im still connvinced i can be seen. Iv been known to crawl across the floor before :sigh:

Hes run out of data atm so can only text him. Which sucks

Getting an appointment at my drs is almost impossible though, the next free appointment is like feb 14th!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think this warrants an emergency appointment. It sounds like you're really struggling :hugs:
I think this warrants an emergency appointment. It sounds like you're really struggling :hugs:

Really dont wanna go to the drs about it because they dont know the history and gahhh.

Plus im working tomorrow so cant risk not getting to work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really dont wanna go to the drs about it because they dont know the history and gahhh.

Plus im working tomorrow so cant risk not getting to work

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's a good idea, even if you have to re explain the situation.

And you need to put your mental health before work, it may be that if this continues you won't be able to work anyway because of paranoia (from personal experience)

Nip it in the bud!
I think it's a good idea, even if you have to re explain the situation.

And you need to put your mental health before work, it may be that if this continues you won't be able to work anyway because of paranoia (from personal experience)

Nip it in the bud!

Dnno just been doing so well, been off the quetiapine for like a year now, dont wanna go back on!

I was alread off work the other week, cant afford to keep taking time off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm slipping again.

Latest