The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
Aw that's not great! You want to talk about it at all?
Everyday tasks are difficult for me too! OCD has turned my life around (not in a good way).
Creativity ftw! It's catchy!

Idk what's wrong but probably my MH issue kicking in. Everything seems meaningless and that feeling is annoying because when I sat a exam a couple of weeks ago that feeling overtook me and I didn't give everything to the exam. And when my "healthy" side returned I was like wtf did I just do lol

Trigger (SH)

Spoiler

I don't have OCD so I don't pretend to understand your struggles but what annoys me is when people make jokes out of OCD, PTSD etc. They wouldn't make a joke like "You look unwell, you must have cancer!" so why should they be allowed to make jokes out of mental illness :angry:

Have a good day

Anxious Anon
Support team message

Hey guys :smile:

Just a quick reminder as there's quite a few new people in here (welcome!) that discussion of self harm and suicide unfortunately isn't allowed for the reasons stated in the OP. It's great to see people spoilering most potential triggers, as someone said the other day it's helpful if you can put a label on these but don't worry if not! If you're not sure about anything feel free to ask, in general it's best to be more on the cautious side though as we obviously don't want anyone to get hurt.

Hope everyone's alright and not too hot :tongue: it's really nice to see some more positive posts as well, always helps knowing people are having good days even if we're not ourselves! The labelling anons is a great idea too, not too sure why we've never thought of that before :redface:

Word of warning I'm also about to try and edit the OP, if the thread disappears for a bit don't worry and it is in no way my fault :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
It's great to hear you're overcoming that! I don't really know much about OCD and what might be helpful for you. Just an idea, could you maybe not do 1 (maybe the most minor seeming one) of the rituals and see what happens then gradually build up to skip more and more? Sorry if that's totally useless. :colondollar:

Yeah, I'm really hoping friday's psychiatrist will be good, I could really do with a hand with managing the voices. They were so loud during lab today but somehow I managed to pull off an 80% in the quiz which I'm really pleased with myself about.

I do indeed support the Panthers! :biggrin: Though I'm rooting for the Penguins atm as they're the first team I ever went to see so got a bit of a soft spot for them. :wink: Are you interested in hockey?

Thankyou!!
Thats exactly what i need to do! I am starting to do that and its working for now.

Im sure they will be! Youll have to let me know how you get on!
That sounds awful! The voices does sound awful! I hope you can get that sorted soon!
Ah well done! Thats really good! Youve just got to try and ignore them and focus! Youve done very well there!

Youre avatar gives it away :biggrin:
Well theyre close to winning so lets hope they do!
I sure am! Its hard to watch it over here as im not subscribed to gamecentre.
Im a Leafs fan!! :biggrin:
Original post by Ezme39
It's good to hear you're doing okay :smile: sorry for the delay in replying btw, been studying pretty constantly.

I'm quite variable at the moment; haven't had any full panic attacks recently, which is a good sign I guess, and my ED is under control :smile:

Just having massive dips, where I feel low and like nothing can get better. Idk if it's just stress, or a sign of anything worse - I'm surprised any of my friends still put up with me ahah

:hugs: No worries! I understand how important studying is!

Well that does sound positive, lets hope things stay like this and improve for you!

Yeah i get those, theyre awful arent they! Im not sure what causes them so i cant help there im afraid, apologies.
I dont think its anything worse tbh.
Aw no your friends are super lucky to have you!
Hate everything, everyone is such a turncoat and you can't rely on anyone. Fab :/
~ Anon 1
Original post by Anonymous
Idk what's wrong but probably my MH issue kicking in. Everything seems meaningless and that feeling is annoying because when I sat a exam a couple of weeks ago that feeling overtook me and I didn't give everything to the exam. And when my "healthy" side returned I was like wtf did I just do lol

Trigger (SH)

Spoiler

I don't have OCD so I don't pretend to understand your struggles but what annoys me is when people make jokes out of OCD, PTSD etc. They wouldn't make a joke like "You look unwell, you must have cancer!" so why should they be allowed to make jokes out of mental illness :angry:

Have a good day

Anxious Anon

Mental illnesses are awful!
Nothing is meaningless! Aw no! Im sure you did awesome in that exam!
You managed to do it so thats a positive sign!!

Spoiler

OCD is super annoying!
Yes that annoys me massively too! I even started a blog on tsr to try and help peoples understanding of it all!
Exactly! No one does that so it should be the same with mental illnesses!
I hate it when people joke about it!
Hate everything, everyone is such a turncoat and you can't rely on anyone. Fab :/
~ Anon 1

:jumphug: Inbox open if you want a chat.
Thanks for asking but i don't really want to talk about it on a public thread.
And thank you but i don't think i will for at least another year :/

Spoiler

Its fine.
Yeah i understand that, no worries!
Really? Thats a long time, im sure things will improve before then!

Spoiler

Original post by Airmed
:jumphug: Inbox open if you want a chat.

Thank you Airmed :hugs: i'll tty there x

Its fine.
Yeah i understand that, no worries!
Really? Thats a long time, im sure things will improve before then!

Spoiler

Thank you :smile:
They won't because they can't cos all my problems stem from my current situation which isn't going to change and is only going to get worse before i can move out.

Spoiler

^^^^ oh i forgot to write Anon 1 sorry :redface:
~Anon 1
Thank you Airmed :hugs: i'll tty there x

I just worry about you. :sadnod: You're too sweet and lovely
Mental illnesses are awful!
Nothing is meaningless! Aw no! Im sure you did awesome in that exam!
You managed to do it so thats a positive sign!!

Spoiler

OCD is super annoying!
Yes that annoys me massively too! I even started a blog on tsr to try and help peoples understanding of it all!
Exactly! No one does that so it should be the same with mental illnesses!
I hate it when people joke about it!

Yeah a part of me knows nothing is meaningless but a big part of me just perceives everything meaningless and I am not always successful in fighting against it.
Realistically I couldn't have done awesome as I spent a third of the exam fighting against my thoughts, but at least I turned up :tongue:

Spoiler

Your positivity and exclamation marks make me laugh XD it's incredible
^^Anxious Anon^^

I forgot to sign
Therapist just phoned to cancel CBT tomorrow. Feel a bit let down but she's ill so obviously I can't be mad at her and it gives me more time to get my thoughts together. I only have 5 appointments left :eek:

Thank you :smile:
They won't because they can't cos all my problems stem from my current situation which isn't going to change and is only going to get worse before i can move out.

Spoiler

No worries!
Ah well im sorry to hear that! How long before you can move out?
I really wish things could improve for you!

Spoiler

Yeah a part of me knows nothing is meaningless but a big part of me just perceives everything meaningless and I am not always successful in fighting against it.
Realistically I couldn't have done awesome as I spent a third of the exam fighting against my thoughts, but at least I turned up :tongue:

Spoiler

Your positivity and exclamation marks make me laugh XD it's incredible

Aw well im always here if you want someone to talk to!!
You did some of the exam! You will have aced what you did!

Damn it wont let me type below the spoiler: so ill do it here.
Well im trying to be as positive as possible after my bad experience a month ago!
Plus exclamtion points FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Im glad you like it :biggrin:

Spoiler

Aw well im always here if you want someone to talk to!!
You did some of the exam! You will have aced what you did!

Damn it wont let me type below the spoiler: so ill do it here.
Well im trying to be as positive as possible after my bad experience a month ago!
Plus exclamtion points FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Im glad you like it :biggrin:

Spoiler

Oh no what happened? (well I don't think I should be asking)
Thank you.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
My brain just feels like it's full of cotton wool right now, I'm trying to work but I just can't concentrate and I keep getting things wrong and it's really annoying :mad:
Oh no what happened? (well I don't think I should be asking)
Thank you.

Spoiler

Well i cant say here, no no its fine! I dont mind!
No worries :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
My thread I posted in the Mental Health forum didn't appear. I spent ages typing it as well. Is it there or do I need to write it all over again.

Latest