The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Again, I agree completely. I love the new people I've met on here. That's absolutely no problem at all :hugs:

Spoiler

titfortat x

Awww same :hugs: thank you so much x

Spoiler

Night night x
Original post by moment of truth
I know this feeling :frown: feel free to PM if you wanna talk :hugs:

It sucks doesn't it? :mad:
Thank you :hugs:

titfortat x
I can't stop crying
My OCD has gone completely out of control tonight
My thoughts are currently driving me crazy and my cleaning issue is playing up big time

I feel nothing good will ever happen to me. Ever.
(edited 7 years ago)
Started CBT today and I actually found it quite useful. :smile:
I have (so far) two chronic illnesses and a host of 'issues' going on, and I can't even get started on my personal life right now because I'll be here for a week, but in short my younger brother is currently in care because he's not safe to have at home because he keeps trying to hurt/kill me, our mum, and himself and it's a mess. It took me nearly getting killed about 8 times for CAMHS and social services to step and go 'oops we were wrong, our bad, there's something up here' and they're trying to send him home again in what is seeming like another psychotic break, so fun. I deal with things horribly. I'm the most pessimistic and cynical person ever, and then I just call it 'being realistic.' I'll most likely be starting CBT for CFS and fibro in the coming months, so I was wondering what it was like. I'd like to use it to help me with anxiety, depression etc, but I'm kind of afraid it's just going to be long winded, thought out, 'be positive!' sessions and I'll be way too stubborn to let them help me. Medication works wonders for me, but there's only so long I can usually be on medication without it making me feel like death thanks to the amazing hyper-sensitivity my physical illnesses give me so I'm looking for a more sustainable option. Could anyone provide a little insight into what CBT is actually like?

Thaaaaanks <3
Sleeping pattern is really messed up.

I'm so fed up of not sleeping much.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Sleeping pattern is really messed up.

I'm so fed up of not sleeping much.

I'm the same. It takes me hours to fall asleep, and when I do eventually it's like I'm drifting in and out of being awake. I have horrible/weird dreams that, because I don't often feel like I'm actually sleeping, seem very very real sometimes. Hope you managed to get some sleep x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FireFreezer77
I can't stop crying
My OCD has gone completely out of control tonight
My thoughts are currently driving me crazy and my cleaning issue is playing up big time

TW

Spoiler

How are you feeling now? I hope you're okay. NOOO think positively - good will happen dw :yep:

titfortat x
Awww same :hugs: thank you so much x

Spoiler

Night night x

Hope you rested well :smile:

titfortat x
I have my last exam today! Hoping the stress of the last 2 months will be lifted off my shoulders, and I'll start to feel better. :smile:
Urgh I just feel so sick. I have a horrible headache and I just feel like **** and feel horrible :frown: I need to quit complaining haha

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

tat x
I was feeling pretty good this morning until I got a letter in with my ESA medical date. Its for 14th July so not exactly tomorrow but not too far away either. My anxiety is through the roof now. Is there anyway I could get the medical at my mum's house or my own? I feel like with DWP you can't win when you have mental problems - you show up to the medical then you're fine enough to work, don't show up then your money is stopped. Plus, how many doctors even take OCD seriously?! That's not my only condition but the main one so I feel like I am doomed from the start.

It couldn't have came at a worse time because my therapy got cancelled since my therapist was bloody useless and I'm waiting to hear back from the psychologist with an appointment which could be months so all I have for medical proof is my GP.

Stressed out beyond belief at the mo :cry2:
(edited 7 years ago)
Back on antidepressants.

Feel like a failure for needing them again :frown:
Original post by chelseadagg3r

Thaaaaanks <3

I don't know about CBT but my brother kept trying to kill me too so I know how it feels. He moved out of my mums house and in with my Dad.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I was feeling pretty good this morning until I got a letter in with my ESA medical date. Its for 14th July so not exactly tomorrow but not too far away either. My anxiety is through the roof now. Is there anyway I could get the medical at my mum's house or my own? I feel like with DWP you can't win when you have mental problems - you show up to the medical then you're fine enough to work, don't show up then your money is stopped. Plus, how many doctors even take OCD seriously?! That's not my only condition but the main one so I feel like I am doomed from the start.

It couldn't have came at a worse time because my therapy got cancelled since my therapist was bloody useless and I'm waiting to hear back from the psychologist with an appointment which could be months so all I have for medical proof is my GP.

Stressed out beyond belief at the mo :cry2:

Only if the nearest centre is too far or you have a condition which means you couldn't get there. You need evidence for the latter from your GP.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Only if the nearest centre is too far or you have a condition which means you couldn't get there. You need evidence for the latter from your GP.

I'm screwed for a home visit then because my local centre is pretty much right across the road from me :frown:
It sucks doesn't it? :mad:
Thank you :hugs:

titfortat x

Yes, it does :frown:

:hugs:
Original post by moment of truth
Yes, it does :frown:

:hugs:

Thank you for the hug :hugs:

tat x
I'm not a student but since I'm signed up here I thought I'd post about my mental health.

I haven't been well. It's 6 years since I left school but I still feel enraged about things that happened to me there, which wouldn't even have been that bad for lots of people.

I dropped out of uni and am back in my hometown at 24. I've been reduced to delusions and chainsmoking. I feel so depressed when I hear about people doing better than me, which is virtually everyone.

I just had to quit my job with my health, and I'm looking at a life of nothing.

I have Asperger's and schizophrenia. It'd be very hard for me to form a relationship, given my limited options and my sickness. Do you think this is for the best? Am I better off alone?

I'm thinking I should just get the good side of being ill (i.e. not having to put as much effort into life, getting up when I want) given that I get the bad side i.e. having no meaningful life while my brother travels the world with a high paid job.

I keep thinking that things would all change if I had a "big idea" that made me money and got me fame, but it'd arguably make things worse for me and it's unattainable anyway.

What do I do?

I'm trying to take more of an interest in hobbies, but my drive is low and my delusions are intrusive into my life.
I've had such a crap afternoon :cry2: I keep crying and then finding it really hard to stop, and then when I've stopped inevitably something will set me off again. I feel so pathetic as well as I'm upset for such a stupid reason :frown:

Anon 6

Latest