Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I start university in September to study Web Development and i want to find someone who has had experience developing in another country... is it useful? did you find it fun?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonpaul_f)
    Hi, I start university in September to study Web Development and i want to find someone who has had experience developing in another country... is it useful? did you find it fun?

thanks
    Hi,

Im studying software engineering and it is a 4 year sandwich course, which means my 3rd year is a placement year.

Fortunately for me, I ended up getting a placement in Germany. I still have a few months left until i finish but i would highly recommend doing a year abroad.

I have definitely learnt a lot since being here on placement, and im a much better developer than what i was when i started. It's also given me the opportunity to travel and explore new places.

I'm very close with my family, so at times it's been difficult being away from them.However, I know i'm going to miss being here when i leave.

I dont regret doing it at all.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for your response! It has helped me. How did you find the vacancy? What website did you use?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.