Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many lessons should I do before my test in May? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

My test is booked for Friday 13th May so about 3 weeks away. I have got 3 hours left with my instructor, which will be split into 2 x 1hr30 lessons. I have not yet booked the dates for those lessons.

My driving is at test standard but I was just wondering on the week of the test (commencing 9th May), should I do any lessons before the Friday (if so how many) or not?

I do not have access to any other car other than my instructors so private practice is out the question
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bubble_10)
    Hi guys!

My test is booked for Friday 13th May so about 3 weeks away. I have got 3 hours left with my instructor, which will be split into 2 x 1hr30 lessons. I have not yet booked the dates for those lessons.

My driving is at test standard but I was just wondering on the week of the test (commencing 9th May), should I do any lessons before the Friday (if so how many) or not?

I do not have access to any other car other than my instructors so private practice is out the question
    As private practise is out of the question, I would suggest getting 2 lessons in if possible on that week... It'll just keep things ticking over, and means if you have any last minute questions you can ask etc...!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

1 hour for each year of your age they say

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

However many you need.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

It depends on how confident you are, really. But i would definitely recommend at least 2 lessons during that week. I managed to get a lesson in before the actual test, it helped me, and hopefully it can help you!

ReputationRep:
    I had a 2 hour lesson in my test week and then an hour before my test

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.