Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently working full time in Manchester, and I am renting my own place near Media City. However, I am due to start a Masters course at Salford Uni in September, and I am wondering whether there will be any help in funding my flat? I am contracted to the property for 3 years, so moving out is not an option.

Many thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by hmorton)
    I am currently working full time in Manchester, and I am renting my own place near Media City. However, I am due to start a Masters course at Salford Uni in September, and I am wondering whether there will be any help in funding my flat? I am contracted to the property for 3 years, so moving out is not an option.

Many thanks
    You'll be eligible for the standard £10k loan if you meet the residency rules (settled status in the UK and living in England for the last 3 years). This is for fees or living costs and will be paid directly to you to spend as you wish.

Speak to Salford to find out if there are any other scholarships or bursaries available for your course and Salford student union/student services to find out whether you'd be eligible for hardship funds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You'll be eligible for the standard £10k loan if you meet the residency rules (settled status in the UK and living in England for the last 3 years). This is for fees or living costs and will be paid directly to you to spend as you wish.

Speak to Salford to find out if there are any other scholarships or bursaries available for your course and Salford student union/student services to find out whether you'd be eligible for hardship funds.
    Thank you, I will ask them more on their applicant/open day next month. I know part time study is available but I don't think focusing on 2 things works - I would need to put all my focus on work or uni, but not both.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hmorton)

Many thanks
    Hi

Everyone who is eligible for a Postgraduate Loan will be able to get up to £10,000 for their course. It’s a contribution towards your course and living costs and it's paid directly to you, so it’s up to you how you want to spend it. Unlike the funding you may have got for an undergraduate course it’s not split into tuition fee and maintenance support.

Laura

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.