Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for straight philosophy and finally received all my offers.
    But I am currently really torn between whether to firm Bristol or Birmingham!! I liked both universities even though they are extremely different.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am running out of time.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol is far more prestigious and recognised globally - so I would go Bristol personally

ReputationRep:
    Bristol is more prestigious and has a better Philosophy course in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, look through their modules.

Bristol: http://www.bris.ac.uk/esu/unitprogca...de=15%2F16#0-0.

Some modules Birmingham doesn't offer: Phenomenology, Philosophy of Biology.

Birmingham: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergra...urseDetailsTab.

Some modules Bristol doesn't offer: Feminist Philosophy, Nietzsche.

If you're concerned about prestige for pursuing a postgrad in philosophy, the greatest factors are achieving a 2:1+, recommendations and your writing sample. Both unis are equally respectable. Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.