Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am a British citizen and have lived in England for the last 10 years. I am planning to study a masters with an English university via distance learning. If my family and I moved to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland during the period between submitting my application for a postgraduate loan and the cours start date, or after the cours starts, would I become ineligible?

Also do you know if it will be possible to take out both a Postgraduate Loan and a Professional and Career Development Loan at the same time and for the same course (the intention being to use one for fees and the other for living expenses)?

Many thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jewls78)
    Hi

I am a British citizen and have lived in England for the last 10 years. I am planning to study a masters with an English university via distance learning. If my family and I moved to Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland during the period between submitting my application for a postgraduate loan and the cours start date, or after the cours starts, would I become ineligible?

Also do you know if it will be possible to take out both a Postgraduate Loan and a Professional and Career Development Loan at the same time and for the same course (the intention being to use one for fees and the other for living expenses)?

Many thanks.
    Hi

One of the requirements you need to meet to get a Postgraduate Loan is to be normally resident in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course (usually 1 September if your course starts in the autumn). If you move to another country in the UK before your course starts you won’t be able to get a Postgraduate Loan. But, if you move elsewhere in the UK during your course you’ll keep getting your Postgraduate Loan.

We won’t ask you to tell us if you’re getting a Career Development Loan to help you pay for your course.

Laura

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.