Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished exams for my 6 AS subjects. I currently study (and am for the while continuing to study):
    Maths(Edexcel), Physics(Salters Horners), Chemistry(OCR-Salters), English Lit(AQA) and History(OCR) OH and General studies...

I teach myself history, as I find I am highly motivated to learn the subject, due to my interest in it. I was just wondering if anyone else did quite so many subjects, and whether they are still sane? If so, what subjects do you do, and how do YOU cope? I have done alright this year, with maths being the only real weak link, but thats just due to a sick P2 paper, lol...

So... who else is insane and stuff... Make yourselves known

I know some have worse workloads but I do Maths(Edexcel), Electronics(OCR), Computing(OCR), History(Edexcel), Physics(AQA) and General Studies(AQA).

What do you want to be when you're older? I only want to be a teacher so only 4 subjects wil be necessary next year.

ReputationRep:
    I know one guy doing double maths, the three sciences, ICT, and has As in AS electronics and history.

I know another guy doing double maths, ICT, computing, physics and he learns English since he's from China.

I now think anyone doing more than three is crazy or bored stiff.

ReputationRep:
    I do 6 A2s, and an AEA.. but it's not really insane. I've got lots of time still.

ReputationRep:
    I do 5 subjects, but i think that most people do It is quite tough and i have had many break downs, but i got over it, eventually :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I do Maths (Edexcel), Further Maths (Edexcel), Physics (Edexcel), Computing (AQA), Technology (Product Design/Resistant Materials) (Edexcel), Critical Thinking (OCR) instead of General Studies, and an extra maths as because i was board when filling out module choices so just added D1, D2 and M6 on top.

ReputationRep:
    I did six subjects...am i still doing it? finished yesterday...

ReputationRep:
    I do 3 A2's, the workload is too much too handle

ReputationRep:
    Taking (mostly took by now):

Maths (Edexcel)
    Further Maths (Edexcel)
    Applied Maths (Edexcel)
    Physics (Salters Horners)
    Chemistry (AQA)
    Russian (OCR)
    French (Edexcel?)

and Philosophy AS (AQA)

I like the way you can get freebie language A-levels and if you're good at maths, then the amount of work put into the three A-levels is not proportional to other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    The record from our school was 9.5 alevels. he went to cambridge to do maths and had a girlfriend who did 6 or 7 alevels. so they shared 15/16 alevels between them.

ReputationRep:
    a friend of mine does 5 subjects (oh and general studies) maths physics chem biol and music- insane amounts of work, partic with music, plus she's in every single orchestra going. she's not that sociable though, and she's got a photographic memory, so she manages her workload fairly well i imagine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minkailin)
    The record from our school was 9.5 alevels. he went to cambridge to do maths and had a girlfriend who did 6 or 7 alevels. so they shared 15/16 alevels between them.

omg HOW did he manage that many? i struggled with 3.5!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing double maths, physics chemistry and economics next year... It should be fine though I'm going to start revising in like november. The key to success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    omg HOW did he manage that many? i struggled with 3.5!!
    i have no idea. i heard after the AS year he suddenly decided to take more subjects (e.g. economics) and finished the alevel in one year. the thing i cant believe is that he took triple-and-a-half maths. legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I have just finished exams for my 6 AS subjects. I currently study (and am for the while continuing to study):
    Maths(Edexcel), Physics(Salters Horners), Chemistry(OCR-Salters), English Lit(AQA) and History(OCR) OH and General studies...

I teach myself history, as I find I am highly motivated to learn the subject, due to my interest in it. I was just wondering if anyone else did quite so many subjects, and whether they are still sane? If so, what subjects do you do, and how do YOU cope? I have done alright this year, with maths being the only real weak link, but thats just due to a sick P2 paper, lol...

So... who else is insane and stuff... Make yourselves known
    im guessin ur in the year below me, an abt to choose what subs 2 keep next yr. edexcel math is supposed 2b the hardest syllabus. u live in chelmsford like me so im guessn u heard that ppl in the grammer schools came out of edexcel pure 3 CRYING. drop it unless ur prepared to devote ur life to math or do it at uni or try further maths as level with it nxt yr 2 help u (but w all yur subs im guesin not gd idea)
    physics is well easy, keep this, and eng lit is ok but learning the keats bk and some of the war novels ar boring - how u get time do do all this??!!
    if u like hist, keep it and keep chem BUT drop gen studs cos no unis ever accept it only crap ones like apu it will never help u and will jus b mor pressure and a waste of tim

so nxt yr, i strngly advis u to drop some subs. as level is fine, but nxt yr will b so much mor work. drop gen studs cos is crap, and edexcel math cos is f***n hard. what the hell do u want w all them subs ne way?

btw i did math ocr, physics edexcel not salters, chem nuffield (b**tch!! dont do it!!!) english lit aqa, art+design aqa and gen s. i lived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minkailin)
    OMG!!!what school do u go to???!!!!(im at moulsham, we're normal we only do 3/4 a levels)

i did 5 A2's (physics, maths, biology, chemistry, general studies), 2 AEAs and..........ahem......... 2 Key Skills and a certificate in business italian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    OMG!!!what school do u go to???!!!!(im at moulsham, we're normal we only do 3/4 a levels)
    i'm at westminster school. most ppl do 4 alevels but its not uncommon for ppl to do 5 or more. they r INSANE.

ReputationRep:
    Doing 6 As...Economics, Law, Politics, Maths, Italian (A2) and General studies. Carrying on with 5 next year.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.