The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I believe I'm now going to have 6 A-levels and 2 AS-levels by the end of next year... I'm not really certain how or why I'm doing that many, but really it doesnt seem like that much effort right now (honestly). I seem to have plenty of free time at the moment while starting my upper sixth courses, and my lower sixth exams weren't densely packed at all- doing a mixture of AS exams and A2 exams spread them out nicely. I'm doing

A-level:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Geography
Psychology
General Studies (yeah it doesn't really count...)

AS-level
Additional Further Maths
Critical Thinking
Reply 21
Qualcuno
I believe I'm now going to have 6 A-levels and 2 AS-levels by the end of next year... I'm not really certain how or why I'm doing that many, but really it doesnt seem like that much effort right now (honestly). I seem to have plenty of free time at the moment while starting my upper sixth courses, and my lower sixth exams weren't densely packed at all- doing a mixture of AS exams and A2 exams spread them out nicely. I'm doing

A-level:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Geography
Psychology
General Studies (yeah it doesn't really count...)

AS-level
Additional Further Maths
Critical Thinking

wow thats a lot, quite impressive. although i never understood y ppl would do so many? i tend to study the least amount as possible.
Reply 22
minkailin
wow thats a lot, quite impressive. although i never understood y ppl would do so many? i tend to study the least amount as possible.

yeh me too, i only need 3 to get into uni so i will only do 3.
Reply 23
minkailin
i have no idea. i heard after the AS year he suddenly decided to take more subjects (e.g. economics) and finished the alevel in one year. the thing i cant believe is that he took triple-and-a-half maths. legend.

You can't take 3.5 a-levels as there are only 20 modules you can do and that gives a maximum of 3 A-levels. That's complete rubbish.
Reply 24
Yannis
You can't take 3.5 a-levels as there are only 20 modules you can do and that gives a maximum of 3 A-levels. That's complete rubbish.

MEI offers 25 different maths modules.
Reply 25
didn't know that. Which ones do they offer then?
Reply 26
Yannis
didn't know that. Which ones do they offer then?

P1-6
M1-6
S1-6
D1-2, Dicision and Discrete Computation
Numerical Methods, Numerical Computation, Numerical Analysis,
Commercial and Industrial Statistics.
Reply 27
minkailin
P1-6
M1-6
S1-6

Most odd. I probably wouldn't want to do those anyway. Interesting they offer that many. I wonder if someone out there is sad and is doing 24 for 4 maths A-levels... :tongue:
Reply 28
Yannis
Most odd. I probably wouldn't want to do those anyway. Interesting they offer that many. I wonder if someone out there is sad and is doing 24 for 4 maths A-levels... :tongue:

i'm not sure if u can get 4 maths alevels because some of the modules r "equal" in terms of difficulty. anyway that doesnt concern me as ive done my double maths.
Reply 29
GENERAL STUDIES SHOULD NOT BE COUNTED AS AN A LEVEL. There's no point in doing it because all the decent uni's say "Not including general studies". I feel as though it's good to teach the subject though, useful skills are present in the course, but testing on it just gives extra uneccessary pressure.
General studies is not taught at my school, but i still have done 5 full a levels (computing, maths, further maths, chemistry, physics). When people say "I'm doing 5 a levels: blah, blah, blah, blah and general studies"...i personally think to myself "So they're doing 4 a levels, and some extra enrichment work cos they go to a fancy college".
Sorry, but that's how i feel about GS, agree with it or dont, up to you!
chats
yeh me too, i only need 3 to get into uni so i will only do 3.

LOL me too - only need 3, so I've only done 3. And they were enough!
Reply 31
Likely to do 6 AS Levels: Art, Eng Lit, Eng Lang, French, Geog and probably Maths but not sure :smile:

In the end, you just have to be organised - I'm still going to have fun doing 6 AS Levels - you just have to know when you have to work and when you must have fun :cool:
Reply 32
13 GCSE's. it SEEMED like a good idea at the time...
Reply 33
yep having done 13 GCSEs i am determined to do no more than my 5 as levels, no matter what pressure is put on me! there was no need to do 13, its not gonna get me any further in life than if id done 10 or 11!
ana xxx
Reply 34
but it's not about what benefits you...your school gets more money for doing more GCSEs, thats why they enter you for as many as possible
Reply 35
minkailin
P1-6
M1-6
S1-6

dude that makes 20 (6+6+6+2=20 mate) i'm doing maths, further maths (both edexcel), chemistry (edexcel), biology and french ( actually they're all edexcel) as AS and i'm keeping those for A2
I'm also going to do a thing called perpective in science which i think is all about the ethics behind science, is anyone else doing or done that? what's it like
Reply 36
AS levels taken: Bio, Geog, German, Economics. Maths AS over summer. Next year Critical thinking AS, Bio, Geog, German, Economics, Maths A2.

So 6ASs and 5A2s.
Reply 37
General Studies doesn't really count though...

Thought about borrowing a friend's notes and entering myself for A-level History this year, but decided against it.
Reply 38
Tombomb

I'm also going to do a thing called perpective in science which i think is all about the ethics behind science, is anyone else doing or done that? what's it like

Oooh I think my physics teacher wrote the sylabus for that new A Level, he's been going on about it quite a lot. I think it has quite a bit of philiophy in it and like the history of science (not sure though) do you know what exam board it is??
Reply 39
At our school, the maximum amount of A2's anyone's done is 4 (not including general studies). And the maximum amount of GCSE's is 11.5.They hardly let anyone do 4A2's either. I don't get why they are like this since there are loads of people on this site who do wayyy more.

Latest

Trending

Trending