The Student Room Group

Question about how grades are worked out for A2

If last year I achieved 280 UMS in Physics, does that mean for an A this year for A2, I need to get a minimum of 200 UMS to reach the A Boundary of 480?

I am aware that it is different for Maths and Further Maths, but not sure how.

Thanks for the help.
Reply 1
Original post by decombatwombat
If last year I achieved 280 UMS in Physics, does that mean for an A this year for A2, I need to get a minimum of 200 UMS to reach the A Boundary of 480?

I am aware that it is different for Maths and Further Maths, but not sure how.

Thanks for the help.

Yes.

The only difference for maths and further maths is which modules count towards the requirement of a 90% average for an A* - e.g. just C3 and C4 for maths rather than all modules done in the A2 year, whereas for most subjects you must have an average of 90% across all A2 modules. I'm not sure which modules count in FM as I'm not doing it.

For all other grades (A-E) the requirements are the same for all subjects - 80% UMS average (480/600 for a 6-unit A level, or 320/400 for a 4-unit A level) for an A across all A level (AS + A2) units
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BB8
Yes.

The only difference for maths and further maths is which modules count towards the requirement of a 90% average for an A* - e.g. just C3 and C4 for maths rather than all modules done in the A2 year, whereas for most subjects you must have an average of 90% across all A2 modules. I'm not sure which modules count in FM as I'm not doing it.

For all other grades (A-E) the requirements are the same for all subjects - 80% UMS average (480/600 for a 6-unit A level, or 320/400 for a 4-unit A level) for an A across all A level (AS + A2) units

Thanks very much!

Quick Reply

Latest