Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    I am really scared about my biology exam, i haven't started revising a lot and would like to know if it is too late to start. and if anyone has any tips on how to revise and any other tips would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovegossip)
    hello,
    I am really scared about my biology exam, i haven't started revising a lot and would like to know if it is too late to start. and if anyone has any tips on how to revise and any other tips would be much appreciated.
    It's never ever too late too start, going on the basis that you have not set a target grade of what you want to achieve.

However, if you're aiming for a D, it's not too late, but if you're aiming for an A, it's not too late but you're really pushing it.

So for the love of god, GET OFF THIS ****ING WEBSITE.
    JUST GET OFF WHATEVER THE **** HAS DISTRACTED YOU FROM YOUR REVISION.

Like seriously why the **** did you end up in this situation? Have you lost the motivation? Have you been way too distracted with the world? Have you been a cocky champ and thought you didn't need to revise? Or have you really got no idea why you're in this predicament?

Whatever the case, JUST ****ING GO AND REVISE, holy **** it's unreal these posts, just bloody sit down, breathe, say to yourself you want to revise and you want to do well, and just muster up the determination to stick your eyes on words.

Bring up the specification. Go through each part and figure out what you need to learn. Every day focus on a different section, or even in a day focus on multiple sections so you don't get bored. Read through your notes, reread them so that they actually make sense, read the spec to know what you're expected in the exam.

Then consolidate with exam style questions to show you know it. Remember, it's mainly data analysis and application questions so use all the stuff you know and think of possible answers to the question. How could this drug interfere with the division of cells? Well I know cell cycle governs the division of cells, this drug could prevent DNA replication, or it could prevent the mitotic spindle from forming; you've never learnt of this drug but you can reason about it.

and finally, past papers. I suggest you do them once you've demolished your revision, but really don't leave it to the ****ing end. Cramming an AS is different to cramming a GCSE; it requires more redbull, more sleepless agonising nights and more stress, ultimately you don't want to be in that position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    It's never ever too late too start, going on the basis that you have not set a target grade of what you want to achieve.

However, if you're aiming for a D, it's not too late, but if you're aiming for an A, it's not too late but you're really pushing it.

So for the love of god, GET OFF THIS ****ING WEBSITE.
    JUST GET OFF WHATEVER THE **** HAS DISTRACTED YOU FROM YOUR REVISION.

Like seriously why the **** did you end up in this situation? Have you lost the motivation? Have you been way too distracted with the world? Have you been a cocky champ and thought you didn't need to revise? Or have you really got no idea why you're in this predicament?

Whatever the case, JUST ****ING GO AND REVISE, holy **** it's unreal these posts, just bloody sit down, breathe, say to yourself you want to revise and you want to do well, and just muster up the determination to stick your eyes on words.

Bring up the specification. Go through each part and figure out what you need to learn. Every day focus on a different section, or even in a day focus on multiple sections so you don't get bored. Read through your notes, reread them so that they actually make sense, read the spec to know what you're expected in the exam.

Then consolidate with exam style questions to show you know it. Remember, it's mainly data analysis and application questions so use all the stuff you know and think of possible answers to the question. How could this drug interfere with the division of cells? Well I know cell cycle governs the division of cells, this drug could prevent DNA replication, or it could prevent the mitotic spindle from forming; you've never learnt of this drug but you can reason about it.

and finally, past papers. I suggest you do them once you've demolished your revision, but really don't leave it to the ****ing end. Cramming an AS is different to cramming a GCSE; it requires more redbull, more sleepless agonising nights and more stress, ultimately you don't want to be in that position.
    thanks for your reply , quite frankly I've just lost motivation due to poor grades in biology. i am aiming for a C pushing it for a B. i don't understand basic concepts, I've tried consolidating my teachers. my fear is not getting into year 13 . I missed alot of work in year 12 due to mental health issues.i dont know where to start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovegossip)
    thanks for your reply , quite frankly I've just lost motivation due to poor grades in biology. i am aiming for a C pushing it for a B. i don't understand basic concepts, I've tried consolidating my teachers. my fear is not getting into year 13 . I missed alot of work in year 12 due to mental health issues.i dont know where to start
    Hey, I'm currently in year 13. I got D in AS (got D in RE- a subject i was NOT intending to fail as I got an A in it during mocks- A in English and B in Psychology). I was so prepared to drop biology throughout year 12 and actually gave up revising. Then, I just began revising like cramming, past papers at 3am of the exam day etc. And I ended up with a high D. Got B in the ISA/ EMPA (I did EMPA) and C in Unit 1 and D in unit 2. As unit 2 is the most heavily weighted, I got D overall unfortunately ):

I'm going to be resting Unit 2 and unfortunately, I have not started revising and my exams in approx 30 something days!!!

Advice for an AS student? REVISE! When its results day, you want to be in control. When its A2, the pressure will be less than if you need to resit certain exams. Trust me, A2 alone is enough regardless of whether you drop a subject or not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.