How can i get over my fear of doing presentations?

Watch this thread
EmmaBell310
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
in groups bigger than about 5, i get really nervous and scared about talking in case someone thinks im a complete ****. Our biology teacher made me do a presentation in front of our class (18 people) and i froze and nearly cried!
Personinsertname
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Imagine that everybody is naked.

Tell them that they are all naked.

Boss levels are maxed. Anxiety no longer exists.
similarBlank
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Personinsertname
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Anyways a real method would be to distract yourself. Is the presentation important? Why? Im usually going through philosophical and contradictory questions in my head all day. This makes me appear laid back and calm when in face im probably facing the highest amounts of social anxiety. These questions usually turn into anger and distract me from the presentation though so stay balanced and neutral. Phase in and out of presentations. Likes the highs and lows of music. The echoing calm of ocean waves . Be free from anxiety.

or hate it forever like some stubborn old fool like me.
doodle_333
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
try and get used to talking in front of people, offer answers in class and read your work out etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (9)
16.98%
Quite well (22)
41.51%
Not so good (13)
24.53%
Terrible! (9)
16.98%

Watched Threads