Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FPS issues with Nvidia GTX 960M... help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what has happened.

I bought this new latop this Christmas. I downloaded a few games and I could play them on ultra settings and get 90-100fps at times.

Now I can only get 40fps... which is OK, but I want to find out what caused the drop.

Any ideas at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    I don't know what has happened.

I bought this new latop this Christmas. I downloaded a few games and I could play them on ultra settings and get 90-100fps at times.

Now I can only get 40fps... which is OK, but I want to find out what caused the drop.

Any ideas at all?
    What games/ settings? Do you mean you got 100fps and on the same game you now get 40?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    What games/ settings? Do you mean you got 100fps and on the same game you now get 40?
    Yeah exactly. I'm playing with the same settings on this game, but the FPS has dropped significantly.

Rainbow Six Siege*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Yeah exactly. I'm playing with the same settings on this game, but the FPS has dropped significantly.

Rainbow Six Siege*
    that's a bit weird, try playing around with vsync and your AA and see if that could fix it. It's possible there was an update to the game that has reduced the fps for whatever reason

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.