A-Level // What should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've chosen:
    Drama & Theatre Studies
    Photography
    Psychology
    English Literature

I want to change Photography.

I want all of my a level subjects to work well with Drama but could also lead to their careers and/or help in other fields incase that doesn't work out.

I really want to do Psychology but not sure what I could get out of it.

Somebody please help!
    - Jade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sociology?

ReputationRep:
    This is for AS right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slc98)
    This is for AS right?
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I took Psychology for AS and I loved it, it was really interesting! The course content had changed for this year's AS students but I'm pretty sure it's still really good!! However I dropped it when going onto A2.

Because Psychology is about the brain and understanding how people think, you could do really well in a managerial role..what good would a manager be if he/she didn't deeply understand their employees?! Hell, you could be the manager of a theatre company!!!! :lol:

I was also going to pick Photography for my AS, as I did it at GCSE but decided not to as I was really keen on Psychology!

You could pick Media studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaaaaaade)
    So I've chosen:
    Drama & Theatre Studies
    Photography
    Psychology
    English Literature

I want to change Photography.

I want all of my a level subjects to work well with Drama but could also lead to their careers and/or help in other fields incase that doesn't work out.

I really want to do Psychology but not sure what I could get out of it.

Somebody please help!
    - Jade

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello!

I am a new year student on the new specification for psychology (taking my exams at the end of 2017) and I am absolutely loving it! I didn't think I wanted anything to do with psychology but it's completely changed my career plan, it's so interesting and you study a broad range of topics such as memory, attachment, biopsychology, research methods, schizophrenia, mental disorders etc.

Psychology is good for many things, you can go into many caring industries eg nursing, psychologist, special needs teacher if you're wanting to work with other people young or old. You can also go into business as well, for things such as marketing and HR.

I hope this helps somewhat

Just to counter argue. A lot of people at my school are failing psychology, the feel it's too much content and the grade boundaries are high. Not sure if it's just my school but 50% doesn't equate to a U in my book.

Then again, I don't take psychology so what would I know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zozaaaa)
    Hello!

I am a new year student on the new specification for psychology (taking my exams at the end of 2017) and I am absolutely loving it! I didn't think I wanted anything to do with psychology but it's completely changed my career plan, it's so interesting and you study a broad range of topics such as memory, attachment, biopsychology, research methods, schizophrenia, mental disorders etc.

Psychology is good for many things, you can go into many caring industries eg nursing, psychologist, special needs teacher if you're wanting to work with other people young or old. You can also go into business as well, for things such as marketing and HR.

I hope this helps somewhat
    That really sounds awesome! I'm definitely doing it now
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.