The Student Room Group

Tinder (first) date, should I let her know that I *might* be shorter than her?

There is a girl I've been chatting to on Tinder who I'm pretty sure would say yes if I said about going for a drink. But on her profile it says she's 5' 10"... whereas I'm somewhere around 5' 9" to 5' 9.5"

Might sound petty I know, and it wouldn't bother me if she was only slightly taller (plus I don't think either of us are after anything amazingly serious). Plus I find a lot of people (girls included) exaggerate their height, so we may even be around the same.

Should I bring this up before we agree to meet or would that just be really wierd? It doesn't bother me but I wouldn't want it to be awkward if she was put off by it... and who knows she might wear heels and end up being *way* taller than me

This is one thing I hate about online dating...
Reply 1
as someone who is 5"10 I would normally ask the bloke how tall

but then, if she hasn't asked you, maybe it isn't too important to her?

I would be slightly annoyed if they had lied / exaggerated their height but tbh it doesn't matter thAt much. If there are other physical qualities she likes about you, and your personalities click, height problems can be quickly rendered unimportant. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Milzime
but then, if she hasn't asked you, maybe it isn't too important to her?

Hopefully that's how she sees it, but then again she did make an effort to state her height on her bio (whereas a lot of Tinder users have their bios completely blank) so she probably assumes that I'm at least her height if I'm messaging her :/
Reply 3
Original post by adamff73642
Hopefully that's how she sees it, but then again she did make an effort to state her height on her bio (whereas a lot of Tinder users have their bios completely blank) so she probably assumes that I'm at least her height if I'm messaging her :/

yeah that's true. People get mad at tall girls but someone 5"6 wouldn't go for a bloke 5"4 let's be real (and if you do cool! but majority probably wouldn't.....)

ANYWAY

yeah, just, be aware that if you tell her, she may not want to meet up..
If I was her, and you showed up and were noticeably shorter I'd immediately (unconsciously) assume I could never be more than friends type thing. But then if you get chatting etc those first impressions (which everyone makes, let's not judge me for trying to be honest) could easily be revoked :h:
Reply 4

Maybe she put her height in her bio so guys are aware she is tall as some people might have a problem with taller girls.
I would say nothing and see how things go when you meet i would find it weird if a guy said to me that they are shorter.
I'd think you were a little insecure.
I never ever ever give serious CONSTRUCTIVE relationship advice here but I was in this exact situation with the same heights except after going on the date I found out I was 5'11 anyway so no big deal. Anyway she (possibly even the same girl you're dating :gthumb:) said that she doesn't really care so long as you don't lie. Apparently guys who are actually legit tall put that fact on their profiles, so she's probably expecting you to be about average height, which you are, so it's all good.
Reply 7
You're dead if she wears stilettos.
Why don't you ask her how tall she is? Even tho it says on your profile just pretend you didn't see... Chances are she will ask you back and then you can let her know without bringing it up awkwardly.
Reply 9
There is a girl I've been chatting to on Tinder who I'm pretty sure would say yes if I said about going for a drink. But on her profile it says she's 5' 10"... whereas I'm somewhere around 5' 9" to 5' 9.5"

Might sound petty I know, and it wouldn't bother me if she was only slightly taller (plus I don't think either of us are after anything amazingly serious). Plus I find a lot of people (girls included) exaggerate their height, so we may even be around the same.

Should I bring this up before we agree to meet or would that just be really wierd? It doesn't bother me but I wouldn't want it to be awkward if she was put off by it... and who knows she might wear heels and end up being *way* taller than me

This is one thing I hate about online dating...

Don't think a girl would exaggerate her height in your case scenario, if anything she will feel insecure because of being tall and not being able to wear hills on a night out.
If you are posting about it on a forum, it sounds like it is a big deal for you. If I was you I'd go on a date and see what she's like, maybe you will really get along and the height won't matter.
Tbh I had a very similar experience to yours... Wasn't really attracted to the girl, ended up just chatting about random **** and that was it. Never messaged her again.
Good luck with your date tho :smile:
Reply 10
It's obviously bothering you so I'd tell her just for peace of mind. At least you'd know whether you're wasting your time or not before putting in the effort of taking her out etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roman95
Don't think a girl would exaggerate her height in your case scenario, if anything she will feel insecure because of being tall and not being able to wear hills on a night out.
If you are posting about it on a forum, it sounds like it is a big deal for you. If I was you I'd go on a date and see what she's like, maybe you will really get along and the height won't matter.
Tbh I had a very similar experience to yours... Wasn't really attracted to the girl, ended up just chatting about random **** and that was it. Never messaged her again.
Good luck with your date tho :smile:

I don't get why girls are the ones who wear heels. You would think that with men having the 'too short' of height issue they would be the ones to wear raised shoes and women the ones wearing flats.
Reply 12
Original post by indigofox
I don't get why girls are the ones who wear heels. You would think that with men having the 'too short' of height issue they would be the ones to wear raised shoes and women the ones wearing flats.

Hahahhahaaha

I recon if it was socially acceptable some men would wear hills to seem taller, deffo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending