The Student Room Group

Functional skills english ocr?

so i went to register myself for private examination functional skills level 2 EDXCEL but been told they offer OCR . what is the difference between OCR and edexcel board usually i get edexel pearson exams papers at colleges

OCR LEVEL 2 EQUIVALENT TO GCSE? whitch is better OCR or edxcel

i head OCR LEVEL 2 ENGLISH IS MUCH HARDER THAN EDEXEL am i right? in collleges they giving students edxcel so

I have been trying all night to get my head around OCR, Edexcel and AQA. Can someone (pref in laymans terms :wink:) please explain this to me? Is one more recognised, is one more basic? There are such conflicting opinions on the net.

Also, how / when should I find out if my son is doing foundation or advanced? Am I right in thinking it's the equivalent of Basic and General (like when I did my O'Levels?).

Thanks again
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
edxcel and ocr gives me same level?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by reim123
so i went to register myself for private examination functional skills level 2 EDXCEL but been told they offer OCR . what is the difference between OCR and edexcel board usually i get edexel pearson exams papers at colleges

OCR LEVEL 2 EQUIVALENT TO GCSE? whitch is better OCR or edxcel

i head OCR LEVEL 2 ENGLISH IS MUCH HARDER THAN EDEXEL am i right? in collleges they giving students edxcel so

I have been trying all night to get my head around OCR, Edexcel and AQA. Can someone (pref in laymans terms :wink:) please explain this to me? Is one more recognised, is one more basic? There are such conflicting opinions on the net.

Also, how / when should I find out if my son is doing foundation or advanced? Am I right in thinking it's the equivalent of Basic and General (like when I did my O'Levels?).

Thanks again

In theory there is no difference between level 2 functional skiils english qualifications from different examiners. They all have to meet the same standards. You might like one examiners papers more than another but the qualification has the same recognition.

If your son doesn't know if he's taking foundation or higher GCSE then you need to ask his teachers.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending