Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing GCSEs I've not done proper revision at all. I'm just so stressed. I want to start from the beginning now. What do you advise? Past papers or learn content quickly before past papers?

Is there enough time to watch all of myGCSEscience videos and all of Maths Watch?

Thanks and what hours should I put in to catch up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_)
    I'm doing GCSEs I've not done proper revision at all. I'm just so stressed. I want to start from the beginning now. What do you advise? Past papers or learn content quickly before past papers?

Is there enough time to watch all of myGCSEscience videos and all of Maths Watch?

Maths watch is awful.

(Original post by GCSE_)

Fam

I watched all B2 myGCSEscience vids in one night.

It's not like i sat there staring into space, i put it on 1.5x speed and LEARNT IT ALLL

IMO, learn the content quickly (notes are useless to me at this point), do past papers, see what you get wrong, go over that till everything is solid af.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    Fam

I watched all B2 myGCSEscience vids in one night.

It's not like i sat there staring into space, i put it on 1.5x speed and LEARNT IT ALLL

IMO, learn the content quickly (notes are useless to me at this point), do past papers, see what you get wrong, go over that till everything is solid af.
    :/ how did u do 1.5x speed? :P
    Anyway thanks man, that's given me some confidence. 9 nights then maybe of solid revision for Science.

What about Maths how long will it take and advice? Cheers m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Maths watch is awful.
    Why is that?

(Original post by GCSE_)
    :/ how did u do 1.5x speed? :P
    Anyway thanks man, that's given me some confidence. 9 nights then maybe of solid revision for Science.

What about Maths how long will it take and advice? Cheers m8

I think it'll be more than 9 nights lol Probs like 15 if you wanna cover it rrrly well

I have the videos downloaded and on the playback options you can do it 1.5x speed, and on YT (HTML5 only) you can do 1.5x speed in the options

With maths, it depends where you currently stand bro, Mathswatch is quite helpful (except for vectors ffffsss), I'd recommend doing past papers for that too - I haven't done much either THOUGH i should start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    I think it'll be more than 9 nights lol Probs like 15 if you wanna cover it rrrly well

I have the videos downloaded and on the playback options you can do it 1.5x speed, and on YT (HTML5 only) you can do 1.5x speed in the options

With maths, it depends where you currently stand bro, Mathswatch is quite helpful (except for vectors ffffsss), I'd recommend doing past papers for that too - I haven't done much either THOUGH i should start
    OK mate do you have videos ready to send? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    For mocks I learnt everything the night before and got 6 A*, 4 A. THERE IS TIME. Literally all sciences just go through the textbook slowly, make sure you understand each page before turning. You should be able to cover a unit/2 units per day. Maths , just do a ton of past papers and see what you get wrong and look that up, English just read your set book agin and bs your way through it'll be fine, and sciences LOOK AT MARKSCHEMES- they're super pedantic but if you know what they're looking for its fine. Literally there is nothing apart from history that you can't learn the night before so you've actually got plenty of time !! Relax and get studying!! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_)

Open book past papers.
    Then redo them properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzers123)
    For mocks I learnt everything the night before and got 6 A*, 4 A. THERE IS TIME. Literally all sciences just go through the textbook slowly, make sure you understand each page before turning. You should be able to cover a unit/2 units per day. Maths , just do a ton of past papers and see what you get wrong and look that up, English just read your set book agin and bs your way through it'll be fine, and sciences LOOK AT MARKSCHEMES- they're super pedantic but if you know what they're looking for its fine. Literally there is nothing apart from history that you can't learn the night before so you've actually got plenty of time !! Relax and get studying!! xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is only if you already get A*s I currently get Cs

ReputationRep:
    how can I quickly learn history with two weeks until final exam? Doing iGCSE Modern world and so screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Open book past papers.
    Then redo them properly
    Hi does this help? Open book past papers so I research answers in my text book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_)

Hi,

It's not too late!!! What you do between now and your exams will make a really big difference as to your results, so don't give up!

It really depends how you learn best. For me I really like using past papers to revise but some of my mates revise in completely different ways like learning from a textbook or making flashcards or posters. Given where you are now and where the GCSE exams are, I would advise that you practice a couple of past papers (in timed conditions and without breaks during the paper) to help you to identify your areas of weakness are. One you know which areas you need to work on, in whichever way you learn best, use revision websites or a textbook to learn the specific sections - but don't try to learn whole book as firstly there's not enough time and secondly, it's not even that useful. Try to practice a couple more past papers in the lead up to the exam (1-2 weeks).

Between now and then, try to keep your social life to a minimum (so avoid parties etc.) and really try to focus in the next few weeks - you'll have plenty of time for fun stuff in the really long summer holiday. In relation to you getting stressed, try to stay calm and get support from family, friends and teachers. I'd also advise the night before the exam, to just go for a walk, run, cycle or something similar to help relax you. Finally, from experience, I know that a lot is made about GCSE's in school and while it is important to try your best, it's certainly not the end of the world!!!

Hope this has been helpful and if you have any other questions - just ask

ReputationRep:
    I got my chemistry GCSE to B grade standard entirely on night before/morning of the exam revision so... chill out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliH36541)
    Hi,

It's not too late!!! What you do between now and your exams will make a really big difference as to your results, so don't give up!

It really depends how you learn best. For me I really like using past papers to revise but some of my mates revise in completely different ways like learning from a textbook or making flashcards or posters. Given where you are now and where the GCSE exams are, I would advise that you practice a couple of past papers (in timed conditions and without breaks during the paper) to help you to identify your areas of weakness are. One you know which areas you need to work on, in whichever way you learn best, use revision websites or a textbook to learn the specific sections - but don't try to learn whole book as firstly there's not enough time and secondly, it's not even that useful. Try to practice a couple more past papers in the lead up to the exam (1-2 weeks).

Between now and then, try to keep your social life to a minimum (so avoid parties etc.) and really try to focus in the next few weeks - you'll have plenty of time for fun stuff in the really long summer holiday. In relation to you getting stressed, try to stay calm and get support from family, friends and teachers. I'd also advise the night before the exam, to just go for a walk, run, cycle or something similar to help relax you. Finally, from experience, I know that a lot is made about GCSE's in school and while it is important to try your best, it's certainly not the end of the world!!!

Hope this has been helpful and if you have any other questions - just ask
    Hi thank you so much. I don't have a social life anyway haha so I got all the time between now and my exams.

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I got my chemistry GCSE to B grade standard entirely on night before/morning of the exam revision so... chill out?
    Wow what grade were u before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_)
    Hi does this help? Open book past papers so I research answers in my text book?
    yes
    When doing them as open book look in books, notes, guides marking schemes anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_)
    Wow what grade were u before
    It was sporadic and varied, I didn't actually know what grade I was for any of my subjects due to the complete lack of attention I paid to everything except French and biology

All I know for certain is I barely understood any of the concepts other than very rough ideas

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.