Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey guys,

I've been diagnosed with Severe Anxiety and Depression for a while now - I've been going to therapy/CBT and things are getting worse for me now, especially since exams are right around the corner.

I want to ask my doctor for medication to help me, even if it's short term. Therapy isn't working.

The thing is that I've been to the doctors on Thursday already because I needed a doctors note as proof of my disorders and I have an appointment tomorrow with the same lady and I'm scared she'll judge me because I only saw her a few days ago and now I'll be asking for meds, will it seem suspect?

Sorry for being so anxious/paranoid but I'd thought I'd seek help here

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Nope

Just say its not working and youd like to try meds to see if you respond.

She will be prescribing medicine all the time, so wont make any difference to her as long as they are appropriate.

If you cnat say it then just print off your post here and hand it to her. Nothing to worry about.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Nope

Just say its not working and youd like to try meds to see if you respond.

She will be prescribing medicine all the time, so wont make any difference to her as long as they are appropriate.

If you cnat say it then just print off your post here and hand it to her. Nothing to worry about.
    I'm scared that she will think that I'm seeing her too soon or something
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm scared that she will think that I'm seeing her too soon or something
    Honestly no, just say you are worried its not working and could you try some medication. She will then give you something and see how you get on. They arent instant and some things work for different people. She will be doing the same many times a day for other patients.

If you are scared, then write it down and hand her a note.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.