Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So im close to exams and i have started revising quite a while ago but when im revising/learning it feels forced like i have to do it and i don't like that i want to revise because i like it and like feeling smarter at the end of the day but since it feels forced it seems to be sucking the fun out of it. My normal revision just consists of reading from a text book and testing myself by writing what i know and what i can remember(science) another way i revise is creating mind maps of a character from book(just recently did this for English-of mice and men). Are my revising methods whats wrong? or the fact that im close to exams? or something i don't see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Lulu)
    So im close to exams and i have started revising quite a while ago but when im revising/learning it feels forced like i have to do it and i don't like that i want to revise because i like it and like feeling smarter at the end of the day but since it feels forced it seems to be sucking the fun out of it. My normal revision just consists of reading from a text book and testing myself by writing what i know and what i can remember(science) another way i revise is creating mind maps of a character from book(just recently did this for English-of mice and men). Are my revising methods whats wrong? the fact that im close to exams or something i don't see
    try to revise with a friend etc?
    test each other and making question for them to answer?
    correct each others work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geek567)
    try to revise with a friend etc?
    test each other and making question for them to answer?
    correct each others work.
    i thought of that but i want to build revision and learning new things as a hobby and my friends cant be with me if im revising at home at 8 O'clock any other suggestions

ReputationRep:
    i thought of that but i want to build revision and learning new things as a hobby and my friends cant be with me if im revising at home at 8 O'clock any other suggestions
    ok so learn one thing every day
    learn something and to see if you have actually revised on that topic get a question about it and theen look at the mark schemes to mark your work also look at the examiners reports to see any common mistakes pupils make.

try to change your timetable eg ask your friends what time they revise and plan things out

here are some websites to help you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zckw2hv
    http://www.gcse.com/maths/
    https://keshmaths.com/gcse-maths-takeaway-3/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it7CDmvSE30
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_X2pMeiRKA

when you watch the videos of of mice and men listen to it carfully and make notes. if you have any other question you can pm me

ReputationRep:
    Revision is not fun.
    What did you expect?
    Work to be fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Personinsertname)
    Revision is not fun.
    What did you expect?
    Work to be fun?
    hmmmmmmmmmm i wanted to argue that point but damm i guess whats fun is implementing the new knowledge you have gained in everyday situations. Thanks your point has made me see where i went wrong in my thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geek567)
    ok so learn one thing every day
    learn something and to see if you have actually revised on that topic get a question about it and theen look at the mark schemes to mark your work also look at the examiners reports to see any common mistakes pupils make.

try to change your timetable eg ask your friends what time they revise and plan things out

here are some websites to help you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zckw2hv
    http://www.gcse.com/maths/
    https://keshmaths.com/gcse-maths-takeaway-3/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it7CDmvSE30
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_X2pMeiRKA

when you watch the videos of of mice and men listen to it carfully and make notes. if you have any other question you can pm me

thanks for the advice ill be sure to use it and the websites seem cool thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    So im close to exams and i have started revising quite a while ago but when im revising/learning it feels forced like i have to do it and i don't like that i want to revise because i like it and like feeling smarter at the end of the day but since it feels forced it seems to be sucking the fun out of it. My normal revision just consists of reading from a text book and testing myself by writing what i know and what i can remember(science) another way i revise is creating mind maps of a character from book(just recently did this for English-of mice and men). Are my revising methods whats wrong? or the fact that im close to exams? or something i don't see?
    Quit whining and just do it. You will start to enjoy it after about an hour or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Quit whining and just do it. You will start to enjoy it after about an hour or so
    i forgot to mention that i revise 5 days a week and 4 hours a day ..... so im doing it even though i find it not as enjoyable as i want.

ReputationRep:
    i forgot to mention that i revise 5 days a week and 4 hours a day ..... so im doing it even though i find it not as enjoyable as i want.
    You're doing too much revision; take a break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    You're doing too much revision; take a break
    Does that amount really affect how much i enjoy well looks like ill just have to muscle through because i have GCSE exams right around the corner

ReputationRep:
    Listen to music as you do it, helps soooo much

ReputationRep:
    Get out of the mindset of 'I am revising for exams' and get more into the mindset of 'I'm really interested in this subject, I'm revising to learn all the content knowledge and to make me a more educated person, and in turn I will do amazing in my exams'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Get out of the mindset of 'I am revising for exams' and get more into the mindset of 'I'm really interested in this subject, I'm revising to learn all the content knowledge and to make me a more educated person, and in turn I will do amazing in my exams'
    yh your right i shall start fixing that mindset of mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Listen to music as you do it, helps soooo much
    yh but what type of music shall i listen to

ReputationRep:
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    So only when you truly are willing to do it, then will it not feel forced

ReputationRep:
    Does that amount really affect how much i enjoy well looks like ill just have to muscle through because i have GCSE exams right around the corner
    That amount of revision is overkill just for GCSE

ReputationRep:
    yh but what type of music shall i listen to
    Whatever you enjoy listening to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    So only when you truly are willing to do it, then will it not feel forced
    your point seems like law but i dont know if its because your chibi wallpaper or that its very valid

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.