Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Extenuating Circumstances Application help/advice watch

i dont know if this is the right place to post this- but i would really appreciate some help!!

I have been suffering from symptoms of depression since autumn last year- and it affected my studying.recently now, its become very bad. i havent ever been diagnosed with depression before, its the first time it has happened to me. i became very withdrawn, unmotivated, crying endlessly, have no motivation so on, i was scared to talk to people about it and tried to ignore it. i ended up getting alot of anxiety when being in public. So i was encouraged to see my gp (like literally forced, as i mentally and physically did not want to leave my house and had not done so for a while) and get help. she told me it was depression/low mood caused by stress.she wrote a letter for me to support my EC form. in the letter she advised that the note would be taken in great consideration so that i dont sit my exams, as i am unfit and unwell. she also noted that i have been very withdrawn, it was the first time i have been depressed, (so i have no medical history of this), and that i am seeing my gp every week because of my state.what are my chances that my EC application will get accepted? because i was suffering from symptoms earlier in the academic year, does that go against my favour?im really worried :/

anyone?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.