Thoughts on veganism/vegetarians etc

Watch
katodizzle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to hear what people think because it is the source of lots of controversy and also why non vegans/vegetarians can get a lot of hate just because they're not living the same way.
http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2011/08/t...-lierre-keith/
Discuss
GCSE_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm vegetarian
katodizzle
Rep:
?
(Original post by GCSE_)
I'm vegetarian
What's it like?
username2161041
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
the most moral and ethical way to live.

very sustainable !
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by katodizzle)
I want to hear what people think because it is the source of lots of controversy.
Discuss
I am a vegetarian.
Cannot be a vegan because I love cheese so much
GCSE_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What's it like?
What do you mean? Please clarify.

It isn't hard if that's what you're asking. I just do not eat meat simple.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
I want to hear what people think because it is the source of lots of controversy.
Discuss
Posting anonymously so I don't get slated for my opinions :argh:

If you have to be vegetarian/vegan for a real dietary purpose then that's absolutely fine, that's what's best for your body. And religious reasons for meat etc, that's also fine.
BUT,
if you're one of those people who becomes veggie/vegan because you want to be different/think it's cool then that's just daft. We designed to eat meat and animal produce and we get loads and loads of nutrients from it. Sure, there are lots of other alternatives that vegans eat but you're paying more in general and what's the point? I know a couple of vegans and they have to take supplements because they're lacking important vitamins. Do what's best for your body and eat a proper, balanced diet in combination with regular exercise and you'll be nice and healthy.
xobeauty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ima vegetarian because meat is gross, I don't care about animals though. I'm just terrified of meat like how I'm terrified of spiders.
katodizzle
Rep:
?
(Original post by GCSE_)
What do you mean? Please clarify.

It isn't hard if that's what you're asking. I just do not eat meat simple.
Like was it hard giving up meat if you previously ate it? How do you get sufficient amounts of protein etc? I'm considering becoming one so I want to know what people think.
student.feed
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I'm fine with people being vegan/vegetarian. I just feel like some people judge you for not being vegan/ vegatarian
username1208193
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a vegetarian as I was brought up this way and I love it. Technically I'm not a vegetarian because I don't eat eggs along with meat and fish but I'm not a vegan either because I eat dairy products and what not.
student.feed
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

If you have to be vegetarian/vegan for a real dietary purpose then that's absolutely fine, that's what's best for your body. And religious reasons for meat etc, that's also fine.
BUT,
if you're one of those people who becomes veggie/vegan because you want to be different/think it's cool then that's just daft. We designed to eat meat and animal produce and we get loads and loads of nutrients from it. Sure, there are lots of other alternatives that vegans eat but you're paying more in general and what's the point? I know a couple of vegans and they have to take supplements because they're lacking important vitamins. Do what's best for your body and eat a proper, balanced diet in combination with regular exercise and you'll be nice and healthy.
Yes!
GCSE_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Like was it hard giving up meat if you previously ate it? How do you get sufficient amounts of protein etc? I'm considering becoming one so I want to know what people think.
Well I am 15 but I didn't eat much meat when I was younger, only every now and again. It is my choice btw and as for protein there's loads of other foods. Are you eating loads of meat atm?
ProbablyJade
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If we are playing hunt the vegan, you've found me
username2161041
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Beans! Soya Beans, have more protein in them than meat!
katodizzle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)

BUT,
Well if people are open to people's opinions then you shouldn't be slated for speaking your mind. I know a lot of people who think the same way. Thanks!
katodizzle
Rep:
?
(Original post by GCSE_)
Well I am 15 but I didn't eat much meat when I was younger, only every now and again. It is my choice btw and as for protein there's loads of other foods. Are you eating loads of meat atm?
No I have cut down on meat consumption a lot, as I am fully aware of the cruelty that goes on in the meat/dairy industry. I eat tiny portions of meat with lots of veggies. I tried being vegetarian for a month but my parents are strongly against it so it was really hard to maintain it.
katodizzle
Rep:
?
(Original post by fei345)
Beans! Soya Beans, have more protein in them than meat!
Can you recommend any good recipes?
katodizzle
Rep:
?
(Original post by student.feed)
I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I'm fine with people being vegan/vegetarian. I just feel like some people judge you for not being vegan/ vegatarian
Yeah same here, I have no problem with them, I actually respect them for taking it on tbh. But I also agree that non vegans/vegetarians get a lot of hate from people who are which is unfair as it is their choice. People should just respect each other's decisions.
katodizzle
Rep:
?
(Original post by ProbablyJade)
If we are playing hunt the vegan, you've found me
Hi! So how long have you been vegan for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (89)
26.73%
England (110)
33.03%
Belgium (27)
8.11%
Germany (39)
11.71%
Spain (7)
2.1%