The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Moving to Preston!

Hi guys,
I'm moving to preston next year from London. I want to rent out a house/apartment. Can anyone tell me what are the best areas considering safety, liveliness and etc regardless of how expensive it is.
So basically what is the best area to live in preston?
thanks!
Hi M1kku,

Congrats on your place and a warm welcome to the North when you come in September.

I am guessing you are coming into your first year? If so I recommend the University accommodation that is offered. I did this back in 2011 and it was the best way to meet and interact with a diverse group of people. (The links below are clickable).

You have a number of options, IQ Kopa is immensely popular among first years, it has over 118 Flats and are very lively. The Flats are for 42 Week Contract at £99.54 Per Week, with 6 people, with an en-suite toilet/shower.

Lawson Halls, these are like IQ but is a bit smaller with 27 flats, and the amount of people per room can vary (it is a MAX of 7). - This is also En-suite at £97.37

If you want it a bit cheaper you can look at our other halls: Eden (which I lived in my first year), Derwent, Ribble, Whitendale and Douglas - These are from £79 - £83, but you will be sharing a Bathroom with 5 others. But these flats are very lively also.

These are all located VERY close to the University, with 24 hour security, these are best places for first years definitely, since you can make friends and then sort out your second year accomodation, where students usually transfer to a smaller flat or house.

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to ask anymore questions.

Regards,

Adam
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending