The Student Room Group

How strict is your school uniform ?

Scroll to see replies

We wear Football Shirts or like Henleys T-Shirts under our Shirts and don't bother fastening any Shirt Buttons!
We used to have a pretty strict uniform when I was in school. Leather shoes that covered the foot, no heel. Boots could not be worn unless the weather was especially bad. Skirt had to be a particular material and couldn't be higher than 10cm above the knee. They measured. Trousers couldn't be slim fit, skinny, high waisted, low rise, and had to be a patricular material. Only leather/leather-look belts with small silver buckles could be worn. White school shirt buttoned to the neck with a clip on school tie, no blouses. Either a black blazer with the school logo, or a navy v-neck jumper with the school logo. Sleeves couldn't be rolled up and these couldn't be taken off without permission. Hair had to be of natural colour and only sensible and professional cuts were allowed. No jewellery whatsoever apart from one pair of small studs in the ear lobes, and this was female only. Socks had to be plain black and rise above the ankle, but not to the knee. Tights had to be black and at least 100d. I got suspended for almost a week once for wearing skinny style trousers because they were the only ones I could get that fit properly at such short notice when my usual ones ripped (I have incredibly short legs). Because of medical conditions, I was allowed to wear trainers and because of my allergy to the metal of the clip in the clip on ties I got to wear a regular tie. By the end of year 11, I was so ill that I rarely attended and wasn't in normal classes anyway so I just turned up in a loose linen shirt with the top button undone and a black cardigan over the top, black tights with a jersey skirt, and trainers. They hated me for it, but it was the only way they could get me in. They were going to suspend me, but didn't want to ruin their exam results. They hid me from OFSTED inspectors and everything lol so glad I'm out of that place :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just don't wear my Blazer regardless!
I go to a pivate shool and we have to wear blue pleated kilt skirts and not more than 4 inces above knee. But we all roll our skirts up at waistband to shorten them I got told off by a teacher as he siad he could see my bum cheeks going up the stairs.. We are not allowed tights/stocking and all have bare legs. which I do like. Whn you sit down on any surface it can be a shock to your bum tc if its a cold hard surface. Its an all girls school so
nobody minds ifyou can see bums or thongs. Its much healthier for your bits not to wear nylon and you dont sweat so much in your crutch.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I was allowed to wear trainers and because of my allergy to the metal of the clip in the clip on ties I got to wear a regular tie. By the end of year 11, I was so ill that I rarely attended and wasn't in normal classes anyway so I just turned up in a loose linen shirt with the top button undone and a black cardigan over the top, black tights with a jersey skirt, and trainers. They hated me for it, but it was the only way they could get me in. They were going to suspend me, but didn't want to ruin their exam results. They hid me from OFSTED inspectors and everything lol so glad I'm out of that place :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sorry to hear you was alergic to the clip on thing on your tie and about whatever caused your foot problem

Though i have alergies of sorts (people never believe me - not clothes-wise mind), but it is good when things are believed as so I think, as whatever alergie I had - as I say would/is disputed (in-particular too that I have bouts of warm and Cold Blood symptons coherently)!!
I feel sorry for you.
I think my school uniform is the worst in the UK.
It's a green skirt,blazer and jumper.A yellow shirt ,green and yellow tie,black shoes.
Original post by Lovegeography
I feel sorry for you.
I think my school uniform is the worst in the UK.
It's a green skirt,blazer and jumper.A yellow shirt ,green and yellow tie,black shoes.

The Tie sounds nice colours
Original post by chelseadagg3r
We used to have a pretty strict uniform when I was in school. Leather shoes that covered the foot, no heel. Boots could not be worn unless the weather was especially bad. Skirt had to be a particular material and couldn't be higher than 10cm above the knee. They measured. Trousers couldn't be slim fit, skinny, high waisted, low rise, and had to be a patricular material. Only leather/leather-look belts with small silver buckles could be worn. White school shirt buttoned to the neck with a clip on school tie, no blouses. Either a black blazer with the school logo, or a navy v-neck jumper with the school logo. Sleeves couldn't be rolled up and these couldn't be taken off without permission.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We do all the opposite's here and hard luck to the Teachers .... in-fact like 2day in the Spring/Summer on nice day's we don't fasten our Shirt Buttons at all if got like a McKenzie T Shirt or Football one under - particulary say in Art, Cookery!!!
My school was fairly lax on things, until it came to skirts. They couldn't be shorter than 5cm above the knee and they couldn't be tight or too flow-y. We had blazers too which we had to wear from September to April, and couldn't take them off at all between then, so if it was a particularly hot day, we would all melt.
Original post by esmeowth
They couldn't be shorter than 5cm above the knee and they couldn't be tight or too flow-y. We had blazers too which we had to wear from September to April, and couldn't take them off at all between then, so if it was a particularly hot day, we would all melt.
I don't believe in the word couldn't - we take ours OFF regardless of the rules!!
Original post by fefssdf
the sixth form dress code at our school meant that for the first 3 weeks you had to dress smart e.g. blazer and smart shoes but then fast forward to may and girls are turning up in t-shirts and leggings

Yer same at mine at the start/start's of new Terms!
Freind got a warning from some old :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: for having her hair down on her way to school.
Original post by CoolaClime Student
Yer same at mine at the start/start's of new Terms!

I loved how at the end of the year I was just strolling in wearing extremely casual clothes and nobody cared but at the start they made such a big deal about the whole thing
Original post by fefssdf
I loved how at the end of the year I was just strolling in wearing extremely casual clothes and nobody cared but at the start they made such a big deal about the whole thing

Me and mates wear our Blazer's when we see fit and even same for Polos instead of a Shirt too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me and mates wear our Blazer's when we see fit and even same for Polos instead of a Shirt too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it :biggrin:
Original post by fefssdf
Love it :biggrin:
We do worse than this!! This is the tip of the Iceburg!

We do Joggers, Converse Jumper, Trakkie Top as School Shirt (instead of)!!
I wound up at a unit that did not care, they just wanted us to get a quota of gcse's and certain test scores so the place wouldn't shut down so they cba about our clothes.

But before that my other schools they would put us in isolation on the school site if a pupil came in out of dress code, unless you had a well good excuse.

It was just to wear a tie, collared shirt of the right colour, and trousers or skirt of the colour, and sometimes people would be stopped if it's too revealing.

They said wear black shoes but eventually people came in with Nike's and that with all colours lol

You didn't have to wear the blazer cause most likely many ppl couldn't afford those but if you could, then wear it, if not, they didn't make a fuss

Oh and they didn't care about hairstyles at all, glad I didnt go to any schools that did
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100

Oh and they didn't care about hairstyles at all, glad I didnt go to any schools that did
I wish mine was like this!
I wish mine was like this!

why what would your school do if you came in with a green mohawk? lol my little sister and brother go to the 2ndary school i went to and get away with hair lie that clean :biggrin: I think my area is so happy kids come to school in the 1st place that they don't bother with their appearance.
Original post by 0to100
why what would your school do if you came in with a green mohawk? lol my little sister and brother go to the 2ndary school i went to and get away with hair lie that clean :biggrin: I think my area is so happy kids come to school in the 1st place that they don't bother with their appearance.
Fair enough, but I may be swapping Schools and all like to portray they are strict don't they and as I am unsure I'm sort of at X-Roads at the mo lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending