Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a confirmed offer to study Fashion Journalism at London College of Fashion starting in September and the course is based at the Lime Grove campus in Shepherd's Bush. Since applications for accommodation open on May 11th, I was wondering if anyone also based at the LCF Lime Grove campus has a solid idea of which halls they are going to apply for?

I created a thread on this topic a few months ago but I now definitely think I will be putting Don Gratton and Sketch House as my choices, you have to put 5 annoyingly but, those are the only ones I actually want to stay at. I will probably put Will Wyatt and Manna Ash down as my other options as I would be able to get to uni from there but I've heard the halls aren't as nice and they are more expensive.

It's so annoying that the only accommodation close to Lime Grove campus is The Costume Store which is on a 51 week tenancy that makes it so expensive. Don Gratton would be the most convenient and cheapest for me but Sketch House, although it is not as central and less convenient for getting to uni as I would have to change tube lines, the rooms look so much nicer than Don Gratton and it is slightly cheaper too. I wouldn't really mind either of them but I just don't know what to put as my first choice and I really don't want to end up regretting it considering how much money it costs and travel prices too. I've heard both halls are really nice to live in but I don't know whether I'd rather be more central or be a bit further out and have a slightly nicer room ah! If you have any thoughts/advice please help me out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayneEmma)
    I have a confirmed offer to study Fashion Journalism at London College of Fashion starting in September and the course is based at the Lime Grove campus in Shepherd's Bush. Since applications for accommodation open on May 11th, I was wondering if anyone also based at the LCF Lime Grove campus has a solid idea of which halls they are going to apply for?

I created a thread on this topic a few months ago but I now definitely think I will be putting Don Gratton and Sketch House as my choices, you have to put 5 annoyingly but, those are the only ones I actually want to stay at. I will probably put Will Wyatt and Manna Ash down as my other options as I would be able to get to uni from there but I've heard the halls aren't as nice and they are more expensive.

It's so annoying that the only accommodation close to Lime Grove campus is The Costume Store which is on a 51 week tenancy that makes it so expensive. Don Gratton would be the most convenient and cheapest for me but Sketch House, although it is not as central and less convenient for getting to uni as I would have to change tube lines, the rooms look so much nicer than Don Gratton and it is slightly cheaper too. I wouldn't really mind either of them but I just don't know what to put as my first choice and I really don't want to end up regretting it considering how much money it costs and travel prices too. I've heard both halls are really nice to live in but I don't know whether I'd rather be more central or be a bit further out and have a slightly nicer room ah! If you have any thoughts/advice please help me out!
    Hi I'm studying at LCF Lime Grove in September too, did you book your accommodation in the end? I booked The Costume Store, but I'm afraid it's going to be too expensive so I've started looking at rooms to rent in the West London area. Fingers crossed, so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user95)
    Hi I'm studying at LCF Lime Grove in September too, did you book your accommodation in the end? I booked The Costume Store, but I'm afraid it's going to be too expensive so I've started looking at rooms to rent in the West London area. Fingers crossed, so nervous!
    Hi!! Yeah Don Gratton is where I will be staying. Ah that's a shame, are you going to rent a room instead then? I hope everything works out for you! The Costume Store was far too expensive for me because of the longer rent which is just such a pain. Are you on the UAL facebook group inbox at all? What course are you doing? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayneEmma)
    Hi!! Yeah Don Gratton is where I will be staying. Ah that's a shame, are you going to rent a room instead then? I hope everything works out for you! The Costume Store was far too expensive for me because of the longer rent which is just such a pain. Are you on the UAL facebook group inbox at all? What course are you doing? x
    No idea if I'm too late to change where I want to stay, going to have a look and see what I can do. Otherwise I'll just have to look for a room to rent in September. No I haven't joined any Facebook groups yet, have you? I'll be studying Hair Makeup and Prosthetics for Performance x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user95)
    No idea if I'm too late to change where I want to stay, going to have a look and see what I can do. Otherwise I'll just have to look for a room to rent in September. No I haven't joined any Facebook groups yet, have you? I'll be studying Hair Makeup and Prosthetics for Performance x
    I'd try and get in touch with someone from UAL who could advise as I'm unsure on that also. Yeaah I have, I could add you if you want - message me if you want me to! Oh how lovely!!xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.