Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm so pleased to have finished my exams, I'm just so bored so I think i'll get some of the books Nottingham recommended.
    Is anyone else slightly worried that they have not met their grade requirements? I know it's probably not the best idea to dwell on it but I just can't help it.
    I need AAA/AABB for economics at Nottingham.
    What do you guys need?

ReputationRep:
    I need BBB and predicted AAA so id have to have seriously messed up not to get my offer. (*crosses fingers just in case*)

ReputationRep:
    I need CD for Social Work at Salford which im sure I havent got, bloody psychology and sociology.
    Just praying for spaces really

ReputationRep:
    i need CDD and a C in general studies (im soooo crap i even need that!) to do media production at Lincoln. im not confident at all. i dont no how many times ive gone through the various different mark scores i could have got! :eek:
    i think its best to not think about it now, ill end up goin mad.

just hope i get in cos it will mean so much to me.

sid.

ReputationRep:
    I need ABB and I'm really good at telling what I got in exams. I reckon I got ACC, so I'm just hoping my uni is going to be lenient!

ReputationRep:
    I need AAB to go to Warwick. I don't like to be too confident about some things, in case I get shot down, but I think I've certainly got the A in psychology. Philosophy, I think I got a B, although that is total speculation because I don't have any second year marks yet. I'd like an A but that is rather wishful thinking. English, I wish I had revised for more. I was so stressed out about the philosophy ones that I got quite ill afterwards so spent the weekend lying in bed eating chocolate and doing my hair, when I should, really should, have been revising. Never mind. I'm still hoping for an A in English because I worked hard and did well in all the other modules.

As I had previously expected....my entire life comes down to my performance in P3 and S2. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    As I had previously expected....my entire life comes down to my performance in P3 and S2. :rolleyes:
    What grades do you need?

I should be able to make the ABB, but to be honest, I'm so hopeless at figuring out how I've done in exams that I wouldn't be too suprised with anything from AAA to CCC.

(Original post by Frances)
    What grades do you need?

I should be able to make the ABB, but to be honest, I'm so hopeless at figuring out how I've done in exams that I wouldn't be too suprised with anything from AAA to CCC.
    I'm looking for AAB but It's going to be somewhere in the range AAAABa - BCCCUu :eek: , hence I'm a little worried about results day :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I need ABB and i reckon i'll get AACD but they'd accept me with that too so i'm failry cofident about getting in.

ReputationRep:
    I need ABB, and have still got 1 exam left to go which is Politics tomorrow. I am predicted AAA, and got that in my mocks but slightly worried about 1 subject this year but hope it won't drop below a B. Otherwise **fingers very tightly crossed** I hope I will be ok.

ReputationRep:
    I'm faily confident, I can't say I'm 100% certain especially since Math, and Biology didn't go as well as I had hoped. My other subjects which were Economics, History, English, and German went well though.

ReputationRep:
    im fairly confident too....if i dont get my required grades, im pretty much screwed cos i don't have an insurance offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    im fairly confident too....if i dont get my required grades, im pretty much screwed cos i don't have an insurance offer.
    Where are you planning on going?

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i'll meet my BCC because i've messed up a couple of maths papers to take it sown to a D. However i'll most likely get a C or even a B in physics and an A/B in geography, bot forgetting an A in gen studies!

Will i get accepted if i had say... ABD or even ACD, on points it is higher or the same but the offer is just grades and not points. :confused:

(Original post by Absolution)
    Will i get accepted if i had say... ABD or even ACD, on points it is higher or the same but the offer is just grades and not points. :confused:
    University and Course?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    University and Course?!? :confused:
    Oops yeah sorry, i didn't think that would matter but...
    Liverpool - Geology.

(Original post by Absolution)
    Oops yeah sorry, i didn't think that would matter but...
    Liverpool - Geology.
    No problem

The average grade entry if 19.8 which is slightly less that BCC. Based on that firgure I would suggest that the grades you have mentioned would probably be enough. I obviously can't say for sure but if you can equal the average and show them that you really do want to study there then I can't think why they would not take you.

PS - I thought Keele was in the running for you....or am I imagining things again?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwarwick)
    Where are you planning on going?
    King's!!

i see u did 6 a-levels..... :eek: :eek: !!!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    No problem

The average grade entry if 19.8 which is slightly less that BCC. Based on that firgure I would suggest that the grades you have mentioned would probably be enough. I obviously can't say for sure but if you can equal the average and show them that you really do want to study there then I can't think why they would not take you.

PS - I thought Keele was in the running for you....or am I imagining things again?!? :confused:
    Ahh ok that's reassuring anyway.
    Good memory! yes Keele was in the running but is my Insurance choice, only need CC so i can pretty much count on going there if i don't get in to Liverpool, but i would much rather go to my first choice, we'll have to see.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.