Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all.

I've just joined up here as ice decided to go to uni and I've received an unconditional offer from uclan to study Motorsport engineering which m going to accept!

I'm 26, soon to be 27 so the question is, are there any of the student accommodation halls that I will fit into? It would be nice to live with people my age, or would you recommend private renting a studio flat or something?...I was looking more towards private renting but I would consider a decent student halls. Cheers
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there DaveB_,

I think this would be your best bet

We have a good number of “older”students apply for our halls of residence and we do try to place them together where possible. If you prefer you can seek information on off campus University registered housing which tends to be smaller and therefore usually a little quieter
    The accommodation staff would be pleased to help if you wanted to talk it though:

For Halls of residence queries call 01772 892520
    and University Registered Private accommodation call 01772 892517

they can put you through to each other if you wanted to talk to both!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveB_)
    Hello all.

I've just joined up here as ice decided to go to uni and I've received an unconditional offer from uclan to study Motorsport engineering which m going to accept!

I'm 26, soon to be 27 so the question is, are there any of the student accommodation halls that I will fit into? It would be nice to live with people my age, or would you recommend private renting a studio flat or something?...I was looking more towards private renting but I would consider a decent student halls. Cheers
    Would you be interested in a student house near the university? I'm looking for someone to replace me

ReputationRep:
    There is a double room available in a four bedroom house in Pedder Street (Preston). It is close to the University of Central Lancashire (7 minute walk) and the city centre (10 minute walk), and about a 15 minute walk from the train station.

Rent is 85 £ per week and it includes all bills + wifi + Sky TV

The bathroom is huge and it has got a bath tub with hot water.

The kitchen includes washing machine with dryer.

There is a living room space with two couches, a big TV, tables and a storage cupboard.

The house is completely furnished.

You would be sharing the house with three other persons.

Let me know if you are interested!

Regards,

Clara.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I currently have a self contained studio flat available. £135 a week with all bills included and wifi! It has an en-suite and own kitchen along with free parking. It is only 5 minutes from university and an easy walk into town. It is fully furnished including a tv and microwave. If you would like pictures or more information let me know 🙂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.