Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I just wanted to know is, how do I get a Pension, are there any qualifying jobs, when do I get my Pension, do any other savings that I have relate to my Pension?

What is kinds of pensions are there?
    Can I take the Pension in as a Whole or do I have to get it paid separately to me?

Example:

If a teacher started to teach at the age of 25( experienced) and was earning £40,00 every year and wants to retire and stop working at the age of 69. How much will they take of that and how much will I get paid at the end of his Pension?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_4531)
    Hi there,

I just wanted to know is, how do I get a Pension, are there any qualifying jobs, when do I get my Pension, do any other savings that I have relate to my Pension?

What is kinds of pensions are there?
    Can I take the Pension in as a Whole or do I have to get it paid separately to me?

Example:

If a teacher started to teach at the age of 25( experienced) and was earning £40,00 every year and wants to retire and stop working at the age of 69. How much will they take of that and how much will I get paid at the end of his Pension?
    It depends on the job and pension scheme, but generally a percentage if your monthly pay will go into your pension. So personally i work 7 hours a week currently for my lical council, and about £13 per month is taken out of my wages and put into my "pot" so if i work for them for the rest of my life that will then be my pension. Stuff happens if you move jobs like you get options

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    personally i'd look into my own options and consider a portfolio of mixed investments from physical bullion, premium objects(rare wine, watches and cars for example) and some auto-generating money in stocks and shares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    personally i'd look into my own options and consider a portfolio of mixed investments from physical bullion, premium objects(rare wine, watches and cars for example) and some auto-generating money in stocks and shares
    Christ James. Maybe for your fun money but not for a serious retirement pot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_4531)
    Example:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Christ James. Maybe for your fun money but not for a serious retirement pot!
    if you stick to the rarest stuff you can make 500% in a couple of decades thanks to market demand and supply constraints

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 10, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.